or Connect

Posts by mountainborn

I'd love this for my daughter!
I am planning a trip I've been waiting a long time to take - to spend part of the summer with some dear friends in Kristiansand, Norway! I'll be flying from the states by myself with my 6 year old DS and 1 yr old DD. DD will be one at the end of May, and since she isn't even crawling yet I have no idea how active she is going to be once she is walking. DS is a great traveler and very helpful with his sister. Any tips for traveling & bringing kids to this area would be...
Thanks! I probably will do just that. I guess I would only be saving about $2-4 with most other prefolds around that size too, and I think it's worth that much to stick with what I know. This is my first CD baby and I'm loving it! It definitely helps that she has spaced out her poops. We'll see how I feel when she eventually starts solids.
Ok, so before DD was born I went ahead and got 2dz newborn (orange edge) prefolds as well as 2 dz small (yellow edge). I was on the fence about it and really thought about going straight to yellow (DS, my first, was a big baby at birth). Turned out to be a very good decision since DD came a month early and was 5lbs 10oz! Here's my dilemma now - she has caught up and then some, she is 14.5 lbs/24 inches at 3.5 months. The yellow edge are working ok but she is about to...
Quote: Originally Posted by DoulaVallere We'll also anoint her with oil, and it's very detailed. Each person gets a slip of paper that tells them a specific body part to anoint...for example "I anoint your head for all of the decisions you will make in the coming years." "I anoint your hands for all the times they will cradle your baby." "I anoint your knees for all the times they will kneel to tend to children." etc...usually we do about 8-10 different...
I was determined to have a "blessing time" but unsure about how to go about it - very few of the women I planned to invite were familiar with the idea. As a Jesus follower I also wanted to have a ritual that really connected with my faith and I wasn't finding any ideas other than everyone taking turns praying (also good but not exactly what I was looking for). I was looking at possible scripture to be read and somehow it all came together in a sort of call and response...
Other? Mine broke on its own while I was pushing - so almost born intact but not quite.
where are you located? there are some no vax/selective vax friendly physicians in chicago, and there are a few threads here about them. re: the community alternatives caseworker, i had a caseworker check up on me for my ds' first year too - basically if you are on medicaid you have a chance of being randomly drawn for "follow-up" by a third party caseworking group, i know it can't be every mama because only one of the several i know also had to do this. i was very...
I had an unmedicated hospital birth with my first, in 2005. It was what some other mamas have referred to as "very good, compared to the standard hospital birth". I really did have a birth high afterwards, and somehow as a result picked up a copy of Ina May's Guide & Spiritual Midwifery. Suddenly I realized how very lucky I was, that my favorite (and least interventive) CNM had been on call, that I had known to stay home until almost 7cm, that I had "toed the line" by not...
glad to hear baby is ok!