or Connect

Posts by Blu Razzberri

Sounds like you may have an issue of low fiber in conjunction with a lot of already dry food. Try Chia Seeds (http://www.living-foods.com/articles/chia.html) They hide in foods SO WELL and have so many dietary properties. There are a few ways to blend them. Dry. Wet. Chopped (in a blender) and dry; or chopped and wet. Different things work best for different foods. So, lets say you're making rice for dinner - after the rice is in the pot; put some chia seeds (about a...
I was just thinking of you today, Nina. I can't believe four years have passed. My heart is heavy for Tom, and extra heavy for you. It's an incredible weight you've had to bear. But Nina, the load you had to carry before that day was heavy. I think it's important, though, that you focus on how you were a good mother to Lianne and Finn (and Connor too!); because you were. In every picture I've seen, they're smiling and happy. There are reasons beyond your understanding...
Quote: Originally Posted by dakotablue What a blessing!!! I mean I don't know what I'd do because continually I'd be questioning if I did the right thing or not. Its great to have the decision made and you in the place your meant to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gimme Pineapple ...If it doesn't work out, you can easily sell it for a large profit to put toward a new house that will be yours... Right. No matter what happens, the worst thing that can happen is that you're back in the exact same position you're in now. Like I said, keep really freakin' busy for a year - heck, get a second job or something. Be away from home as much as possible; and your mother won't be a problem....
Quote: Originally Posted by Artichokie ...Just because your brother legally owns it does not mean your mother does not consider it hers, too... Just because she *thinks* she owns it; doesn't mean she actually does. As long as on paper you are the owner, there isn't much weight there for her to throw around. Plus, brother is backing out because of mom's behavior; and that can be pointed out. Aja: if you told them how much you were getting the...
I say go for it; and put up with the garbage for a year until it's paid off, and if it's still bad with your mom, rent it out. You won't find a deal like this ever again! Invest in some good and heavy blinds, shut the ringer off on the phone when you need silence (keep a cellphone that your mom doesn't have the number to, if you want to stay in touch with people); and some good locks on the doors. Also, make a point to go out often - or specifically keep your errands for...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean ...I guess I'll be redoubling my efforts to make sure he goes straight home each and every time he leaves our doorstep!... It takes a village, doesn't it? This is a good thing for you to do, instead of just throwing your hands up and saying "he's not my kid, he's not my problem" like soooo many other people sadly do. So, good for you. You might want to suggest to his parents/guardians that he be required to...
I'd very amusingly allow (*ahem*guide) her right back into her own lie. Next time friend is over and you're there; invite her to stay for dinner and say "oh, mom, you can cook up that wonderful tuna casserole you make". In the meantime, I'd chalk it up to her trying to learn from you. She was obviously watching what you were doing pretty closely. Fake it 'till you make it.
Well....*sigh*....at least he's using extensive anesthetics. While this is still legal, there will be people doing it. My hope is for the baby to suffer as little as possible. Speaking of which, I was hoping this was a thread about making it illegal. I don't get it -- it's not legal to circumcise a girl here: why aren't boys afforded the same protection? And, why aren't there efforts to make male circumcision illegal too...? I want to, but to be honest, I don't know the...
Ok, so maybe something funny IS going on. And maybe you guys are getting "too close" and he's trying to push you back a little. Especially with the involvement of the other guys that were there; now if your DH says anything about him, the other guys will just chalk it up to him being pissed about the comment. I dunno. None of these posts really help solve your problem, do they? I don't know what to tell you. If it were me, I'd probably just say hi back, but keep it short...