or Connect

Posts by zora

"learned" to ask first. If you know what I mean. Recently, at a different playground, a woman asked me "Is he yours?" I said, "Yes." She said, "He looks just like you." (Which he does except for the difference in skin color.) Then she went on to explain that recently she said that a child looked "just like" the adult that the child was with and the adult was offended because it was not his/her child. So this lady was trying to play it safe by asking me "Is he...
thank you for the tutorial. I can't wait to make one and think I will for my son's birthday which is two weeks away. Zora
Pranava- I wanted you to know that my heart goes out to you. I would encourage you to become a protective "mother bear" to that child. In this case that means you might want to think about the toll that this emotional roller coster is having on you and think how much it is impacting your baby. Science tells us that we release chemicals in our body when we are stressed, sad,as well as with other emotions. This has an impact on the developing baby. I really want to...
Happens to me all the time. I am African American, my son's father is white as is my partner. My son is very light skinned with wavy/straight hair. He is a wonderful toddler who loves to go up to people and say "hi." When he is with either his father or my partner, they aren't asked "Is he yours?" but I constantly get that question. Despite the fact that he looks a lot like me. I've decided to put a postive spin on it- it is the life force's (which some call god)...
we have a Bob and love it. It is so smooth. Zora
How do you wash your diapers. Do you use high efficiency (HE) detergents? We just got a high efficiency machine and I don't know if I can still use charlies or what to use. HELP! Thanks in advance Zora
Hello, my son will be 11 months old this week. He wants to use utensils; does anyone have any recommendations of some kid friendly utensils w/o BDA? Thanks in advance, Zora
My son is 10 months old. For the first five months or so, we held him in our arms or sling for 95% of the time. Over time, he has gotten more indep. He can now play by himself for about 15 minutes w/ one of his parents in the room and talking to him periodically. With that said, I still have times when I have to pee holding him- which I don't like. However, I weigh that against the fact that he is typically a very a happy baby. I think that he is so happy b/c we are...
Don't know what I love more, the pants or the baby! did you use a pattern for the pants? Zora
Wow. You did an amazing job. Did you work from a pattern? Zora