or Connect

Posts by dawn1221

I would throw out everything except the butter. My MIL used to leave her butter on the counter "because she liked it soft". Plus I think they did this when she was a kid. But then again, she grew up in Scotland where temperatures were much lower than southern california. She was hospitalized recently and passed away about a month ago. She had some butter on the counter when she went into the hospital. It took a lot longer than I expected to start molding (about 4...
My MIL passed away last month. She was hospitalized for 8 weeks before she died. I just got an explanation of benefits for one week of her stay. They billed $47,000 FOR ONE WEEK. Guess how much insurance paid? Less than $2,000. Guess how much she owes? NOTHING!!! The hospital was forced to write off the rest because of their contract with medicare/blue cross. I kind of feel bad for the hospital. But I feel great for us not having to pay anything.
BTW, my DD is 2.5 as well. I feel your pain!!!
I just got a puppy a week ago Friday myself. He is 9 weeks old. Then the following Monday DD and I were in a car accident. I was hurt (neck and back) but DD was not. So I have been feeling the same way you are. I feel like I am constantly yelling at DD to leave the dog alone. All the while trying to train the puppy and keep him from soiling my carpet or eating my entire house. I am struggling too. I would say try to set some rules for the kids about how to behave...
Well, little Jack pooped in the house this morning while I had my back turned and by the time I made it to him he had already eaten it. This is not going to be the fun part of having a puppy. I already have issues with poop!
Is there anything other than telling him "leave it" that I can do to keep him from eating his poop? I wonder if there is a supplement I can give him that will make him not want to eat it (like they have for cats)? Help??? I am totally grossed out
It could be worse... here is my list from the last two months: MIL was hospitalized for 8 weeks - then she died suddenly As soon as she went into the hospital a pipe burst in my house - flooding my bathroom and kitchen The insurance company only paid to fix the stuff from the flood - not the plumbing bill ($3100) Another pipe burst two weeks later (we ended up in a hotel on a Tuesday at 11pm - fun times) We started having electrical surges in the house...
He looks a lot like our new puppy Jack. So cute!!!
I followed your story but did not post on the thread. I think you did a fantastic job! I have been in a cleaning rut before so I sort of understand how overwhelming it can be. Just don't go to bed without making sure everything is cleaned up. That helps me a lot. Waking up in the morning and not having a pile really makes me feel better and keeps me motivated. Make the kids help out. They all should be contributing. I am really proud of you for owning up to...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs Well, she's a real cutie, and I agree that she's got a lot of beagle. As for the dad, according to the law of averages if you have an unknown dad and the puppies look big, strong, long-legged, and big-headed, you're always safe betting pit. Here's a litter of beagle-pit puppies--see the resemblance? http://photocache.petfinder.com/foto...991936-2-x.jpg He's also got what looks like a blue mask, nose, and...