or Connect

Posts by rayo de sol

Quote: Originally Posted by firewoman I would teach her to wax her legs. Shaving and Nair just make the hair more coarse. Waxing pulls that hair out by the root so that each time you wax the hair has to regenerate and it becomes finer. Over the years she will have less hair probably, too. My daughter is 12 and we wax her underarms and legs for those reasons. I'm confused because my electrologist told me the exact opposite of this. She said...
On the Green Pasture website it's $44 per bottle or $34 per bottle if you get 12 or more bottles at once. And then the shipping is pretty expensive too. Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy expensive? Is there any supplier who beats the Green Pasture price?
Come vote in my poll and join my thread about menstrual cramps!
Thanks for all these fabulous ideas! I'm intrigued with this cloth vs. disposable pads idea. What's the theory behind how the disposable pads cause more cramping and bleeding? (I don't use tampons.)
I'm especially interested in holistic or alternative healing ideas for coping with severe menstrual cramps, but everybody should vote in the poll!
I have the same problem. It sucks, doesn't it? I use Valerian (an herb) to help get to sleep. Or sometimes Kava Kava (another herb). They usually help me get to sleep in about an hour or less, but I don't know if they're safe to take while nursing. There is probably some herb that's safe for nursing, though. There are many, many sleep-inducing herbs.
Anybody? Pretty please! I really wanna discuss this book!
Compromising is a good idea too. Thanks! For some reason it never occurred to me that I could insist on x-raying only the problem teeth.
I don't understand why the WAPF is against fish oil. What if I want to take fish oil in addition to the fermented CLO? What if fresh seafood is too expensive? It's better to just take the CLO and get no other seafood in my diet than to take fish oil? A person can only take so much CLO without overdosing on vitamins A and D. What if I happen to have an overabundance of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins that are causing pain. Isn't it better to take fish oil rather...
I can relate to what you've written, guestmama, especially the perfectionist stuff and the depression. This book is life-changing, so I've heard. So many people have told me that it has helped them. I'm working on adding the supplements recommended in it, and I'm hoping it will help. The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today.