or Connect

Posts by faithinrosie223

I have an 11 month old who is intact, and have not had a single problem.
My son is a week old. I am exclusively breastfeeding him. He has started having a lot of really small really runny mustard colored poop. He will go, and then only a few minutes later go again. He has a rash, around the anal area, I assume from pooping so much, or from something I am eating. My daughter had a milk protein allergy, and I switched her to formula. I dont want to make the same mistake this time. I called his ped yesterday, and he said not to worry, and that if...
I know a lot of the baby magazines want you to think you need every little gadget for breastfeeding. But what do you REALLY need? I am expecting my 2nd child in July, and am determined to make breastfeeding work this time. I was told by some fellow MDC mamas that the things I thought I needed to breastfeed... arent really needed after all. Enlighten me!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Snork Interesting thread, and one that complements my own stance on the marketing of "breastfeeding aids" to mothers. I truly believe our society makes a buck wherever it can and nursing is no exception. I find it bizarre that so many women feel they need all that equipment for nursing. Maybe its because I had to do it on a shoestring myself - no such thing as WIC here. I hand expressed when I needed EBM - takes longer, but...
I am currently pregnant and due in July. My first daughter was breastfed for 6 weeks. During this time she had rashes, pooping out blood, crying for hours. Unfortunatly, due to misinformation and listening to doctors and peds, I switched her to formula. she didnt tolerate soy until she was about 7 months old, and she never tolerated the hypoallergenic formula. The doctor claims babies cant be allergic to the hypoallergenic, but that is not true. I did some reading on it,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flor I also finally went back the hospital and there a nurse sat down with me and helped to make sure ds was latching on correctly, but I knew right them, I'm college educated, and kinda pushy, and 27 years old and I was in tears. My sister had a baby at 15. What would she have done? My thoughts exactly. I am not college educated, but I am quite a bit older than 15... and it was the hardest thing I had ever done....
Quote: Originally Posted by momma2libby Again, wishing you the best of luck with the pregnancy and birth of your child and I hope you are more successful at breastfeeding this time around. Thank you! I learned a lot with my daughter, and dont plan on letting the experience be for nothing. We all live and learn lol. People like you who have overcome the breastfeeding challenges despite some of the issues low income people face, I highly respect....
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnymw Forgot to mention--- for breastpads, you could either to LilyPadz, which are one pair that you always use... made out of... something... some other mama please come in and explain these. They don't soak up the milk, they work on keeping it in , I think. You could also buy washable breastpads for not too much as well... I have some lily pads and found they dont work when you are new to breastfeeding and...
Quote: Originally Posted by momma2libby Have YOU called recently? Just because they didn't have them the last time you had a child doesn't mean that they won't have them now. I've heard that the WIC offices have become more breastfeeding friendly all over the country in the past few years. I looked at Washington's WIC website and it says that they support breastfeeding by: "Funding purchases of breast pumps and equipment needed by women who are...
Quote: Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 P.S- Welcome! thank you! I hope to be on here more often especially when I have my baby in July.