or Connect

Posts by Wabi Sabi

I'm 10 wks. along and I've been feeling a fair amount of tenderness and pain in my lower pelvic area the past few days and something just didn't seem right. I'm planning another homebirth, but my midwife is out of town and I knew that she would be limited in what she could do, so I called and made an appt. with my gynecologist this morning. Luckily they were able to get me right in. I had an U/S and the good news is that there is a little baby in my uterus right where...
I don't know if I'd do a latte every morning, but I don't see the harm on occasion. Does she make them herself? If so, I'd suspect that she probably makes them on the weak side with a high milk to coffee ratio. Like another poster said, small amounts of caffeine are pretty low on my list of things that concern me.
I did this a few months ago and my fingers burned for a couple of days! If it ever happens again I'm going to try soaking my fingers in milk- I've since heard that it works very well. Let me just suggest, from personal experience, that for the next couple of days you might want to be very careful when you go to the bathroom or wash yourself in the shower. Let's just say that I had some very sensitive body parts that were quite tingly and uncomfortable for a little...
Quote: Originally Posted by stellimamo Which TJs? Castleton or the one on 86th? We use to live by the one on 86th and there was always good stuff there. Hey...I used to work at the TJs on 86th/Michigan back when it first opened 6-7 years ago (wow, has it really been there that long?!?) Anyhow, all of the food that is discarded is put into big plastic trash bags, then into the dumpster. So, the food really isn't all that icky and covered in...
I like to marinate some portabello mushrooms and then pop those on the grill as a vegetarian option for guests when we have a cook-out. Yum!
Ugh, I know that feeling all too well. It isn't fun, is it? FWIW, I finally caved and tried the Unisom that was mentioned in the morning sickness thread. I've felt good all week (nausea gone, no more vomiting)- this morning I decided that I felt so great that I didn't take it and prompty threw up my breakfast. Figures.
I really don't know what to say, but I couldn't read without responding. Lots of good thoughts and vibes headed your way...
Try replacing Grandma's Comet with Bon Ami. It's been around for a long, long time and chances are likely that Grandma used to use it before Comet was ever around. I know that my Grandma was tickled pink when she saw Bon Ami at our house, she didn't think you could buy it anymore. I love it and use it anything that really needs a good scrubbing/scouring. http://www.bonami.com/ (It's pretty much the same cost as Comet and although it can be hard to find, I'm able...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 How often are you feeding the baby when he is with you? Every three hours give or take 30 minutes. Today he ate at 11 am but at 2:00 was was still asleep. He took fairly long nap and I didn't feed him again until he woke up at 3:00. Mom was a little upset that I didn't wake him at the 3 hour mark. It honestly never occured to me to wake him up to eat. I guess I was going by my own experiences with ds- it...
Quote: Originally Posted by littleaugustbaby Are you close enough that you could talk to her and figure out why she thinks a schedule is important? Is it because she's been told that, or is it because she is concerned about not getting enough sleep at night, or because that's what her pediatrician told her, etc.? If you can find out why she is using Ezzo, I think that you'd have a better chance of steering her in a more productive...