or Connect

Posts by ferdinandthebull

Quote: Originally Posted by Chiromom I have this SUPER SUPER cool discussion of exactly how the baby progresses ideally thru the pelvis during the many stages of birth that I'm sure you guys would LOVE! It shows how the baby and the body are perfectly designed to trigger each new positional change just exactly when and how it is supposed to in order to ideally expell a baby. It is easy to see when looking at this step by step process how routine and...
Hi all. I love these UC support threads. It's awesome to see so many people going UC. I can't wait until I can do it myself. traditional cultural purpose of assisted birth? Blueviolet, I'm so excited that you are talking to midwives about UC. I can't think of a more articulate, thoughtful person for the job. (Can you tell I've read a few of your articles and posts?) I like Michel Odent's lline of thinking on why women have "always" assisted other women in labor....
Thanks for posting those great photos! I have a silly question about babies born in the caul. Does the placenta detach as the baby emerges? The placenta is inside the amniotic sac, right? I had the chance to take a good look at my friend's placenta and it was attached and inside the sac, as far as I could tell. So, I wondered if babies born in the caul are coming out with the placenta immediately behind them, or does it all stretch? : Thanks to anyone who...
kama'aina mama is right on. I just finished a great book called The Female Pelvis by Blandine Calais-Germain. The Female Pelvis explains in detail, with clear drawings, the bony and muscular structures and how they function and move during normal physiological processes like urination, sex, childirth, etc. Then, the book describes a variety of excercises to promote body awareness, muscle tone, oxygenation and elasticity. It goes well beyond Kegels. It is true that...
For a long time, I was sure I would never want children. I think this was largely due to the fact that I thought one had to give birth in a hospital. A friend had a homebirth with a midwife, and for a while that sounded quite do-able to me. Then as I learned more about birth, including taking a class in grad school taught by a midwife, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with my idea of a homebirth with a midwife. It all just seemed too invasive to...
I saw the link to the explanation for "bump", but the link comes back as invalid when I try it. Can someone explain or repair that link? TIA Anne