or Connect

Posts by autumnbloom

right... but there are different kinds of cotton.... knit and woven refer to the way that the fabric was constructed. Typically if is knit its stretchy. If its woven, its not so stretchy. One example - tee shirts are knit. Jeans are woven. Both are cotton, but handle completely differently.
We have a trampoline that was given to us by a family friend who didn't want theirs anymore (it was on its way out to the trash. We've had to add a few patches, but for free, who cares! ) We are also building a playhouse near a big tree on our property. I want to add in a tire swing or a wooden swing (not sure which one at this point) We are going to forego the sandbox because we have so many neighborhood cats that would get in and use it for a catbox. Instead...
If you're looking for a nice, sharp and affordable lense, i'd go with the 50mm 1.8 prime lense. Its crystal clear, and only about $70. If you want a little more durability, 2 more leaves in the shutter (for a total of 8, which will give a round halo for bokeh rather than a hexagonal one), and a little faster focusing, i'd go with the 50mm 1.4 (runs about $300). The 85mm is just as good, though its mostly an outdoor lense because its so far away. I prefer prime lenses...
Quote: Usually the only people permitted to perform these rites/ceremonies are Medicine People or Elders. The only way to become a Medicine Person is through many years of training. The only way to become an Elder is to live a long time immersed in the culture (as in, 50 or 60 years) and to learn the rituals that way. If a person moves away from their tribe, they have no access to a Medicine Person or Elder and so, *cannot* teach their children this, only...
Quote: I really can't gain more than 10 lbs. Did your Midwife/OB tell you that? Please know that its normal for *every* woman, regardless of weight to gain 25-35 lbs with her pregnancy. It all adds up to baby, extra blood in your system, your growing uterus, and amniotic fluid. Not fat. You can get back on track with losing weight after baby. Right now, focus on getting enough healthy calories for the two of you, and enjoying your pregnancy. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by bellymama and i'm not sure you really celebrate passover. i have been to passover dinners, but i didn't celebrate it like the people who truly believe it and live it. it was wonderful to experience, but i can't fully participate because i don't have the experience and knowledge to fully get what the ritual means. same with friends who i have brought with me to catholic mass. they participated, but they didn't take communion...
Quote: You said it better than I did. However, what I disagree with here is that, imo, you *should* have "all the rights of full-blood Indians". My reasoning for that is this: "we" have lived with the repercussions of "our" ancestors signing treaties and "we" should also enjoy the benefits for which they bartered. The majority of treaties were signed by NA chieftains under the agreement that their descendants would receive the "benefits" in perpetuity, not only...
Quote: I should mention, also, that I am strong believer of the prophecy of "Rainbow warriors" or "Rainbow people". There *is* nothing which separates us all from each other, we are all the same. My issue is in people not respecting the *knowledge* required to perform these ceremonies *properly*. Just because we're all the same, doesn't mean that we all know the same things. We all know different things and it isn't until we learn to learn from each other...
Since we seem to be in agreement with so many things (albeit coming from different perspectives) I'll just reply to this specific part: Quote: Honestly, your opinion would mean just as much to me if you were "white" as it does coming from someone whose heritage is similar to my own. With that said, I need to ask you the same question my foster mother, a Medicine Woman, asked me when I said I was "part Indian". What part? Do you have some line on you where you...
Your cervix in pregnancy looks just about the same I think?? The only difference is that its a bit softer. Are you wanting to see the various stages of dialation and effacement for labor?