or Connect

Posts by hipcoolmama

Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom Not in a million years. I'd be in the asylum within a month. I wouldn't mind working part-time. 3 days a week would be perfect. But professional part time positions in my line of work just don't happen. I know exactly what you mean. I would jump at the chance to work a professional part time job or a professional job at home. I wish there were more flexibility in the work force for positions like these.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfcat If I had my 'druthers, I'd be a WAHM. I have to do something w/ myself or I go crazy (and housework ain't it). I'd love to be a full-time writer/telecommuter. Me too. Unfortunately, WAH jobs are so hard to find.
Quote: Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR The place we're moving from was very much a blessing in that it was rural but had public transportation (it was only a mile from our land to the bus stop so easily walkable) because it was on a tribal reservation and that was a service the tribe provided (for free no less). Where we're moving I doubt there will be any public transportation. The tradeoff for us is that we'll have the money to be able to buy the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mountain mom How do you go on the internet NatureMama? I was wondering that as well!
Quote: Originally Posted by griffin2004 Nope. Tried it for a year and it wasn't a fit for me at all. DD loves her preschool, I love my work, we love our time together. That sounds ideal! And well balanced! I think a lot of the WAHM and SAHM threads are really about balance.
Quote: Originally Posted by snuggly mama My knee-jerk reaction to this question is yes, of course I want to SAHM! But when I thought more about it, I realized that that's not entirely true. In my ideal world (and if someone knows directions how to get there, send them my way ) I would like to work at home or in a job with flexibility that I get to define. I am slooowly working towards that goal, though in may never be a complete...
Trust your own instincts with parenting. You can be polite and explain your reseach and decisions to people, but at the end of the day you have to answer to yourself and do what you feel is best. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR It's very unorthodox, and probably a lot of people would NOT choose it, but it works well for us. We sold our house last year and with the proceeds paid off all the debt we could and bought inexpensive raw land for homesteading. We have lived in a tipi for the last 6 months and are currently getting ready to move (sold again, buying in a yet more inexpensive place, making profit again). We'll live in an...
Quote: Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR We'll only need about $5k this coming year, probably only $2.5k in years after that (need to get our gardens up and going). There is much to be said for simplifying one's life. Do tell! You sound like you have some good ideas for us all! I would be very, very curious about your living situation and the route you took to get there (and how it works with kids)! I also read the compacting and...
One thing that comes to mind is the fire retardant chemicals added to fleece. Now, the fire/flame retardant is most often associated with baby pajamas. But I have heard of some other baby products made from fleece having it as well. Does anyone know - does an item only have fire retardant on it when it is labeled as such or is it the other way around? That an item does NOT have the fire retardant if it is labeled as not having it? Confused...