or Connect

Posts by 34me

I'm guessing by your signature she is also your oldest.  Honestly when my oldest was that age she knew most of those things but not all because she just plain hadn't been exposed.  Even at 19 she calls herself our practice child.  When she entered K they told me she didn't cut well with scissors.  Damn straight - she rarely got to cut at home because she would cut inappropriate items.  So teach her to cut.  Now you know what you guys can work on this summer, and I bet...
I have read most of the threads as well and DO NOT want to start an argument.  It is totally up to an individual parent but....   without State Issued ID AND a SS card or passport you cannot get a "regular job".  Not demeaning other forms of work.   without birth certificate and ssc you can't get state issued ID - so no drivers license or "ID card"   without birth certificate and ssc you can't open a bank account (although if you have neither you may not want...
My nieces both have worn them for a couple years starting at about 15 and 13ish.  I know the older one started and the younger followed about a year later.  They are almost 18 and 14 now.  I think the older one started because she is really tiny (4'8" ) and couldn't find any other style that fit but she felt was her "age".  Then she liked them because she wears most things pretty tight ( as does her sister, it's the style where they live) and there are no panty lines. ...

Scratch tests are often not accurate until kiddos are 5+.  I think blood tests are younger but I have no experience.
So I asked my dh the food scientist ;-). Mini (cooked) quiches in the fridge around a week. Freezer, absolutely but try to get the air out. The shredded chicken sandwiches - in the fridge for about 2 days. Freezer for longer but it will be really important to get the air out. He said the biggest issue is that since the chicken is shredded there is a lot of surface area for bacteria to take a hold of. Also in the freezer the extra surface area will breed freezer burn so...
I also had an early walker, another 7 monther. He hated the stroller and Really liked to explore places at his own pace and level. We often used one at the zoo so he could explore more independently without having his arm jacked out of the shoulder and myself or my 6'2" dh all hunched over to hold his hand. We gave the other end to his sister who is 30 months older. We got A LOT of weird looks. But it worked for them and us. At 19 and 16 they don't seem to be scarred. He's...
Call your county extension office. My son goes to an experiential learning school and while he was off studying wolves in Yellowstone I took off work and took Beekeeping. It was amazing. It was also neat to see how willing members of our cities beekeeping club was to show off their hives and teach a bunch of Middle and High school kids.
Does he have sensory issues related to food?  I'm guessing from your screen name either this kiddo or his siblings have autism.  Food/sensory issues can be common with kiddos on the spectrum.  My kiddo is not but at 16 pretty much still only eats "pre-chewed" food.  He only eats things like hamburgers, meat loaf, chili, chicken patties, things that are "pieces parts"  No steak, no real chicken pieces, etc   I would start where he is, cold/crunchy or cold/soggy and...