or Connect

Posts by vbactivist

I wouldn't do it either.  I am fortunate enough to have a car.  I just can't judge someone who makes a different choice than me - I have no idea what his risk/benefit analysis was.  I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt.  I kind of don't get the point of these threads in general - why not just cut people some slack?  Most people truly are doing the best they can.
Just a different perspective.  I knew about my baby's TOF and it pretty much ruined my entire pregnancy.  I was sick with fear and grief the entire time :(  I agree that it was nice to know so that she was born in the appropriate place, but the knowing before hand was not helpful at all in helping to prepare me. I know everyone is different though. 
love this book -   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1558322450/amamasrant-20
What a great story!  I got goosebumps when I read "welcome home".  Congrats to you!!  I would love to know the name of this company because it sounds like a place I'd like to support.  
this is exactly what i was going to suggest.  Skip the toy instruments, in general.
that is awesome - thanks!  do you knwo if there is the same resource for later in history?
what you're saying is probably true in areas with good public transport.  Many (if not most) areas of the us don't have good public transportation.  Honestly, I am so grateful we have a car.   And I know just how privileged that makes me.  So I am not going to judge someone riding a bike with a baby in a mei tai.  I just can't know their situation.   
YEs.  It is classist to assume everyone has access to a computer - the only way to do freecycle.  Dumpster diving?  that's for everyone.  It's clasist that you would laugh at the idea that some people don't have access to freecycle/a computer.    It's sad, actually.  To assume just because something is "free" that all people have access to it.  Really.  
  You just can't say what another parent should or shouldn't be doing.  And also, it is so classist to bring up freecycle.  Yes, it is free - but do you realize there are people out there, even in the good old U S of A, that don't have access to a computer or the internet???   
You can get a kick stand the goes down on both sides of the bike.  Also, practice.  The hardest part for me is the actual work of riding.  I have a trailer I pull sometimes too - we're talking 60 - 80 extra pounds depending on the day...