or Connect

Posts by northerngirl

I do cut the tablets in sections so that I don't take the whole dose at once. It seems easier on my stomach that way. I just swallow it right down though, so I don't think it would get on my teeth. The practitioner I see muscle tested me for that one...she uses a lot of metagenics products. I think I am going to try it again and see what happens. Thanks for the rec on the solgar one. I should bring that one and get tested with it next time. 
I have taken iron supplements in the past, most recently metagenics hemagenics.  Besides being slightly nauseating it caused stains on my top two teeth. They were easily removed at the dentist.  Now my practitioner wants me to take it again and I am not really wanting to due to the stains it causes.    She didn't think that the iron caused the stains, but that it had to do with calcium.  In searching the internet all I can find is that it does cause stains, not...
I have low platelets and the hematologist said there was nothing I could do to raise them. I'm not at a dangerously low level (123,000 in Dec.) but he basically said I can't to anything for you unless you are bleeding out.    I'd like to hear what can be done. 
We would love to win this! The warming chest rub is SO awesome! 
My daughter had roseola when she was around 3. She had a really high fever and then a rash. No other symptoms.  Recently she had what I thought was strep...fever, tummy ache, malaise, and a slight sore throat. Then after the fever broke she got a rash on her front and all over her back. Then I thought roseola? She was negative for strep both quick and culture. Ped didn't think it was roseola either, but just a virus. I asked the ped and she said that there are lots...
We made these for camping and they were good. 
My baby is now over 2 years old, she is still nursing 2x/day, not sure how much comes out (there is no letdown).  I have been taking the same prenatal (thorne) through my pregnancy and nursing. I eat meat all the time and green leafy veg.   I also had my B12 checked it was normal at 612   ref range 190-850 Folate was also normal (high?) at  >24   ref range Normal is >3.7    He checked my TSH, it was 1.49  ref range .30-5.00. He would not check my free T3 & T4. Only if the...
I had my iron panel done recently since I've been feeling really fatigued (among other things) My ferritin level was 28 on a scale of 10-200. In my records the last time I had it checked was 4/12/10 and it was 165.  Dd 2 was born 2/28/10, so the check was shortly after she was born.    Is it just me or is a drop from 165 to 28 not mean anything? Hematologist I saw (for low platelets 105,000) said I was fine and in the "range".   My B12 and Folate were...
Thanks for your reply. I guess that could be that she has more than one thing going on. She seems much better with the congestion the latter half of this day. We will see how tonight goes. She has never been down and sick for this long ever.   
Last Friday morning dd started having a fever, it progressed to 103 degrees. Through the weekend it got up to 105 at one point. But hovered around 103 and 104. She hardly slept, said her tummy hurt, had some periods of saying there was icky stuff in her mouth and spitting it out but not vomiting (she hasn't vomited since she was 3 and she's now 6). She said her neck hurt. She had a slight cough, but not consistent and said her throat kinda hurt but not much. She also had...