or Connect

Posts by northerngirl

Dd will be 6 the beginning of March and this year she wants to invite more than one friend to her birthday party. Last year she invited her best friend and her mom and then we had close family. It was pushing the limits of our small house.   She has been to quite a few parties of classmates such as a gymnastics party, princess party, rock star party, ect. Now these parties had like every single person from her class at it including their parents. There is no way that...
Dd1 will be 6 in a couple months and she gets around 11 hours of sleep.  We have her in bed by 7:30 and she wakes up around 7 am. She usually looks at a book until around 8pm.  Dd2 will be 2 in a couple months and she goes to bed between 7-8pm and wakes up around 6:30 no matter what! She also takes a 2-3 hour nap after lunch time. In dd1's room we have an air purifier for "noise" and we shut the door all the way so she is not awakened by dogs or cats or people...
My dd is getting her canines now too. She is usually a pretty good eater, but not so good when she is teething. She has been gnawing on her fingers, that a tell tale sign of teething for us.    I found a recipe for turkey meatballs that my children absolutely love. We call them pizza balls, since dd1 thinks they taste like pizza (well like oregano and basil and garlic). It is similar to this one. Dd will eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in the same day if I...
If it were cross contamination, would it be gluten?  I have never given her anything with gluten. She did get it through my milk in the first weeks of her life. Until the point where she had mucus and juice for poop. This went on for months and months. It eventually got better, but I had taken out a lot of foods and I'm not sure what was exactly causing the mucus.    I guess once her poops get better I could try it to see if she does react by just giving her...
I heard about using confectioners sugar and cooking oil for wounds/burns a few weeks ago on public radio. Apparently it really works and seems safe for a 5 year old.
Thanks for your reply. Today with the nanny dd2 bit dd1 2x on the arm when they were playing with the electric keyboard. The nanny said that the only times that she is doing the hitting, pinching, biting is when there is a toy that she wants or if a toy is taken from her. Today I guess older dd wanted to change the beat and dd2 didn't want her pushing the buttons. I guess that I should tell the nanny, like you said, to be right there ready to intervene. Luckily the...
For a while now dd2 has been hitting and pinching our nanny's child (3 year old boy) when she is at my house caring for dd.  Today was especially bad when she scratched him and he needed a bandage because it was bleeding. She not only hits with her hands but with block and other toys. She does do this a few times a week to older dd when I am home. I usually tell her "No, and we do not hit, hitting hurts, ouch". Sometimes this works and other times it doesn't. Many times...
We use the berkey one. 
So we had been on a fairly good stretch for her (few days) with dd2's poops like formed ish. Which was really an improvement from not formed at all sourish explosions. Last night she insisted on having some of the fresh brown rice I had just cooked. So I gave her less than 1/4 cup of it. This morning around 8am she pooped and it was not as nice as before less formed and there was obvious rice grains in there. Then at 6pm she had a not formed at all explosion with obvious...
What about applesauce, chocolate pudding, smoothie? What we usually do is have one or two really icky spoonfuls followed by plain applesauce or something she really likes to wash it down. My dd is older, but I am usually quite frank with her about supplements and let her know that yes it does taste icky, but it is going help your body heal and get stronger.   I have taken wormwood before and it gave me crazy dreams. Very vivid dreams.