or Connect

Posts by sora

Thanks for the tips. How do you make kids friendly bean dip? Mine don't seem to like strong garlic taste. Also if the colour is black or brown, they won't likely eat it. But they did eat hummus tortilla rolls today!   I think the trick is to keep offering healthy foods in different ways. I cooked minestrone soup with tons of veggies. They only picked out pasta but I guess some nutrients from the veggies were in the soup they ate with pasta.   H
After Fukushima, I read about radiation levels in milk so I stopped giving milk to my kids. I did buy some European or aged cheese sometimes. I wasn't strict about it. Like I would order pizza for schools hot lunches and would take my daughter out for pizza, which is her favourite. After a while, I started buying milk and regular cheese again thinking that radiation is everywhere any ways. And then I read China study. I am ever more convinced that I need to feed my...
We just started eating more plant based diet. We are still eating eggs but I'm not sure if I can quit eggs. I'm worried about my kids who are picky eaters, and especially don't like any beans or legumes or nuts. They do drink store bought soy or almond milk if I make smoothie. And one of them eats cooked edame beans sometimes.    All they eat is the followings:   Brown rice cooked with white, barley, some lentils and quinoa.  Kimchi Miso soup in limited...
I'm a stay home mom and my hubby is a lawyer making over 100K but we cannot live a decent life style here in Vancouver. We are renting a 960 2 bedroom suite in North Van but a nice three bedroom house cost about 3000 for rent. Vancouver is great but it really rains too much and to be honest the housing is he killer. It's only for uber riches or those who have been here for a long time. We could move out of Metro Vancouver to other parts of BC but then salary would be...
Thanks for reviving my thread. As time gets close to September, I find myself dreading the drive.  There are several other parents in our school district I can carpool with but we are not that close to each other and it is probably harder to coordinate it in reality.   The public M school has 5yr old kindergarten class (because they don't have preschool) and mix class of Grade 1-3. So I guess some would not think it is worth the drive. I question it myself too. ...
Thanks for the great advice.  Your words are very helpful and put things into perspectives. I do think I have an anxiety issue, overly concerned about health in particular. That happened after I had my first baby and started reading a lot about toxins and chemicals.My husband once said that he missed me who once I was, who could really enjoy life. Now I'm a worrier.   Still on the fences about milk and dairy though...
I hope you guys are right. Having a balanced diet might outweigh. Because honestly I don't know how long I can live like this. There has been background radiation all around but ingesting particles of radiation is different from being exposed to x rays and being on the plain. I learnt alot from raido ecoshock.org. But the more I learn, the more I get scared.  Who to believe? There is so much info out there. I'm leaning towards believing sources mentioned in ecoshock,...
I'm trying to minimize risk as much as I can.  The higher up the food chain, the more pollutants are eaten and stored. so less animal product = healthier. I'm thinking of growing sprouts and wheatgrass indoors with filtered water from Reverse Osmosis (don't know if it actually removes radiation). Of course there are things I cannot do about - air, rain, and water and everything else practically. What about kids playing in the dirts and grass and playing with sand? I...
I'm in Vancouver and concerned especially of the constant radioactive rain even in May.  I'm following the advice here. http://www.infowars.com/europeans-warned-to-avoid-milk-and-vegetables-due-to-high-radiation-levels/ I'm also following discussions at the uc berkley nuclear engineering department's public forum. http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/forum/218 I'm being cautious as I'm still breastfeeding and I have small children.   I'm really surprised that I'm...
I stopped drinking milk and eating dairy also giving them to my kids. I'm limiting meat and organic eggs. We eat lots of nori, kelp and seaweed soup. I'm avoiding strawberries, kale, spinach, cabbage and broccoli and produce from California. I've been eating frozen veggies, tropical fruits and grapes from chillie (I wouldn't have bought in the past due to pesticides). I don't know what to do after I finish the frozen meat and veggies in the freezer that I bought pre...