or Connect

Posts by Chicharronita

Just some minute chicken excretions! And maybe some cow's blood! But just a teeeeeny tiiiiiiiiiiny bit. So small it's practically not there, like homeopathy! Never you mind.   You're constantly exposed to EMFs and jump on unsafe trampolines and drive in cars without a thought.   Consuming microscopic amounts of (mumble mumble*) won't kill you!!!! The experts say so, and they're ALWAYS right. Always!!!! You may get a tic or start exhibiting autism-like behavior but it's...
I'm fortunate to have a local close-knit AP group with online and real-life support. Most of us don't vaccinate. A couple of us have had national exposure with the New York Times, NPR and other media.    Once a few of us and even publicity-shy me got asked to do a local t.v. interview about our choices. However the final aired news segment only showed me in the background, not my interview.   I think it's because I was the only one who brought up having a...
I'm very critical and frankly scared of vaccines, this despite the fact that I'm almost completely deaf in one ear from the mumps.   The mumps vaccine wasn't available back then. Like many children of the 1970s I got all the vaccines on schedule. I haven't had any since the 90s when I was fear-mongered into a tetanus shot.   My dd hasn't had any and won't have any. I was a little worried when she was younger, but when she got a moderate case of the CP a few years...
My dh never had any symptoms of CP despite being exposed to it multiple times in the 70s, so when my dd got a moderate case a few years ago we were concerned.   But he didn't get any symptom; neither did I for that matter. We're both in our forties.   I keep my eye out for CP in order to get additional exposure to it, but so far no one I know has gotten it since it went through my small  AP community three years ago. 
  Thank you for that.   At one time I might've considered getting a vaccine or two, but exposure to vaccine pushers and the negative way they push their agenda actually makes me even more against receiving one now. 
Good question. I think the pharmaceutical companies who are still making them still see them as money-makers, or else they'd pull out.
Ha ha! But then it would appear that it was just the few of us, enjoying the quiet empty view on MDC. 
  According to you. And I think most intelligent people can see through misinformation from both sides perfectly fine, never mind the fact that it's highly-educated middle-class people who tend to reject vaccines.           Yeah in freakin' 1876. What were the living conditions like?        Plenty of ways, although most of the problem is moot since I live in the modern world, you know with clean water and indoor plumbing and all.    Don't worry about me and mine; we've...
  Reading about this case further cements my desire to avoid vaccines; I say no thanks to anything that can cause fever, lethargy, irritation, crying for long periods of time with back arching for TEN DAYS eventually followed by autism-"like" symptoms.   Normal reaction, eh? I'm so glad my dd has never had this kind of "normal" reaction to anything.    It's interesting that although Hannah developed what the doctor diagnosed as a post-varicella vaccination rash, neither...
  Thanks for the link.   Hmm, this reminds me of the Hannah Poling case.   I would guess that if it were easy to diagnose, her parents who were medical professionals would have had it checked if there had been symptoms. As it is even a DNA test isn't always reliable.   It makes me wonder how many other "rare" underlying conditions there are that may be "aggravated" by vaccines.