or Connect

Posts by Jackpackbaby

Um, yes. Totally and completely overreacting. If you don't like it throw it out but reviewing your many posts about your ideals (which are fine ideals BTW) shows a pattern of overreaction and inflexibility and intolerance to other people who neither share nor meet your expectations. I think you need to become a lot more flexible to get along better in life Just think, your poor MIL might not ever want to get your kids anything again and I would not blame her one bit. Who...
Awesome idea! Thanks
I've seen the pottery barn ones and, though cute, are way too $$$ for me lol. I have about a 400.00 budget (maybe 500.00 if I push). I want a wooden kitchen that has a refrigerator, a dishwasher, an oven/stovetop, and storage space for cups, dishes and flatware. Size is not an issue and I don't want anything small because my DD has those Melissa and Doug baking trays (for the slicing cookies) that need to fit into the oven. I have searched for DAYS and the same ones keep...
I think they were trying to be funny but I can see your point, it is kind of obnoxious. I doubt they meant it that way but no, I would never bring my kids to a place like that simply becaue I think they carried it a bit too far. Brat r Us is one thing but that should have been it. I don't dislike the word itself though especially since I call my kids that on a regular basis (jokingly of course). Quote: Originally Posted by nummies So I was at the...
I would think one would come off as argumentative and inflammatory when such a thing is told to children, or anyone for that matter. Unless you are directly asked just nod and smile and say "that's nice". Not everyone is like you (and I don't mean YOU personally, just in general) and not being so does not make one better than the other person or more educated. What is the point of throwing people's experiences/practices into question? I say this to every mother I know when...
Quote: Originally Posted by denimtiger I don't think you're a terrible person. I don't even think that this situation can only happen in cases where there are special needs. I don't personally believe that siblings should be required to play together all the time, period. The older boy should be allowed to have his own friends and his own time, regardless of whether his younger brother has special needs. I agree 100%! I don't think you are...
Hmm. Your question is a tough one. I am not mainstream by any means. We home school, don't vax, don't circ, we co-sleep, extended breastfed, eat garden grown and farm raised food, cloth diapered, don't watch TV, don't do well-visits and home birthed (whew) so hopefully I qualify to answer your question lol. I would have let her have the soda. We don't drink soda at all either but when we are around other people who do partake of that (and worse) we allow the kids their...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Probably -- I was fairly appalled when it happened. I could even see how it was wet on the edges where she'd bitten it -- blughhhhh. But I still managed to smile and murmur a, "No thanks, I'll get him one of his own." Ugh! That is just nasty not to mention weird. How old was your son? Did the woman work at the store??
Quote: Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein To be honest, I'm suprised that you would be offended or upset by that. I'm not. I detest when people do that. What if the child has an allergy or sensitivity (as mine does)? I understand that they are trying to be nice but there has to be some common sense. We no longer live in a world where you can just haul off and give someone's child things without a thought. Besides, then we end up looking like...
Quote: Originally Posted by shanniesue2 You know what? It's okay to feel the way you do. You love your little boy very much and you don't ever want anything bad to happen to him. He is very lucky to have such a wonderful mama. And I'm sure that it makes the hurt that much worse for you that it was someone you love. That's a very intense thing to deal with. And it sounds like your sister is dealing with a lot of intense emotions surrounding this...