or Connect

Posts by Pumpkin_Pie

I have no idea what size this baby will be, but my son was in newborn sizes for about 2 months or so. He is about to turn 7 and still wears size 3-4T underwear. He just has no bum at all. I have a very flat backside too, so I am assuming this one will be a bit on the small side at least for diapers.
Awesome!!! Thank you! And sorry for making a bit of a mess of things by starting the other one.
I might do a "meet the baby" barbecue type of thing in July or August, I am just feeling a bit sad at the lack of excitement I guess. I would definitely never host my own shower and would be pretty put off by anyone who would, but I so wish I had a friend or two who would ask if I wanted a shower. I was originally going to do a tie dye party to dye up some cloth diapers for this little one, but I am feeling like it is almost like trying to host my own shower and am...
Is there any way to combine the two, or delete this one and bump the other up? 
Nobody in my family nursed any of their babies, and I definitely wasn't exposed to it as a child or a young adult.  When I got pregnant with DS, I was pretty sure I was going to "try" to breastfeed him, but then went on to nurse him for over 4 years.  :)  It was such an easy, inexpensive way to both nourish him and comfort him all wrapped up into a package that I had with me at all times, that I just couldn't imagine doing anything else.  I am so excited to nurse a teeny...
I know I should just let it go, but I am pretty sure I will not be having a shower for this little one.  My parents are angry that I am pregnant and I moved about 20 minutes away from most of my friends last summer and they have all sort of dropped out of our lives.  I have tried to maintain contact, but we live just far enough away that it is hard to keep driving into town while working and raising a special needs son.  We now live out in the country, and my SO doesn't...
I didn't realize that about calcium supplements toward the end.  I am also AMA.  I turn 40 this Friday, but am having a much easier pregnancy than I did with DS.  I started out 10 pounds heavier this time, but I had been exercising much more consistently for much longer, so I think that helps, plus I am partnered this time and wasn't last time, so I think that helps too.  I definitely plan to check out the Spinning Babies website very soon, as I want as good a chance as...
So a little update on my sick son... He ended up responding really well to steroids and antibiotics and didn't need surgery! So, so grateful. I am exhausted, but glad to be home and so happy he is on the mend.
Can I whine here for a second? My DS has been sick for 2 weeks and we ended up in the ER this morning at 4am. Turns out he has an abcess in his throat/neck and may be headed to surgery tomorrow. It took all day to figure out, multiple IV's, a CT scan, blood tests, what felt like about 50 people poking and prodding him and not letting him get to bed until 10pm. I am having contractions from be stress and he is in crazy amounts of pain. I want to cry.
Name you want to be called: Kim Area of location you live: Vermont How many children you have already, if any: 1 nearly 7 year old boy and 5 angels. Estimated expectancy date: 6/19, but I am thinking this one might be a tad earlier. Hobbies: knitting, crafting, sewing Anything else you like to share: I am so excited about this little one. We TTC for over a year and a half and had three losses very close together with the last one at 11 and 1/2 weeks last March on my...