or Connect

Posts by Pumpkin_Pie

I am at a loss for my poor DS.  He seems to be getting bug bites somewhere, and I am guessing it is at his preschool.  They regularly go down near a river and lake for walks and he comes home with bug bites that are driving him crazy with itching.  His legs are literally plastered from the knees down.  I have been using every cream I can think of, and nothing helps with the intense itching.  Anyone have any suggestions?  
My son was bitten when he was 2 and had a bulls eye rash.  Our ped at the time was very much not an alarmist over almost anything, but when I brought him in and she saw the rash on his forearm, she immediately wrote a prescription for 6 weeks of antibiotics.  She was definitely freaked out a bit, and that totally freaked me out.  I have never been so happy for western medicine as when I would give him his antibiotic three times a day for those 6 weeks.  I did have her...
No solutions, but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for issues like these.  My son turned 4 in March and does pretty much this type of thing REGULARLY.  Just today, we were in the grocery store and he grabbed a display that was on wheels and I asked him politely to stop pulling on it and he let go for a second, then pulled it again, and I asked him again to stop pulling.  He let go once more for a second and then suddenly STOOD on the edge of it and nearly toppled...
Well, my first interview bailed.  :(  He emailed me while I was at work today and said he wouldn't be meeting with me after all and wished me luck in finding a donor.  Dang, this is going to be a hard, frustrating process...  Still waiting on two others who said they wanted to meet up to write back and see when they can actually meet with me.  Crossing every digit I have that something works out!
That is what I was thinking of doing and then stopping somewhere on the drive home and using an Instead Cup.   I would much rather just be at home so I can lay down for a while, but at least it will still be pretty fresh and sperm can stay alive for multiple days once in, right?  Dang, this is all so weird to me!   Thanks for letting me join in the fun over here!   
From what I am reading, I am thinking I may have him donate shortly before I get to whatever meeting place we will use and then buy some Instead cups and use those for the drive home. 
Hi ladies, wondering if I can jump in here with a few questions.  I am single and have one DS already who is about to turn 4 and will be starting to TTC next cycle with a known donor.  Does anyone have any idea how long fresh semen is good for?  I know it needs to be kept at body temp until used, but how for how long?  My donor lives an hour and a half away and I am planning to go pick up the sample to use.  I can't seem to find any good info online about the logistics...
Ok, so I can't remember where I read that fresh semen is only good for 3 hours, but I am doing some Googling and now can't find it anywhere.  How long *IS* it good for?  I am interviewing someone who lives at least an hour and a half away, so it would be a 3 hour round trip for me.  If he provides a "sample" prior to me starting to drive out there, will it still be good when I get home?  Will I need to inseminate in some weird bathroom along the way?  I can't quite...
Hi mamas,  mind if I join in here for a month or so?  I am charting for the first time really just for fertility awareness.  I am a single mama and am going to be TTC again in a month or two and am just trying to figure out my cycle at the moment.  My chart is a bit wonky mostly because I tend to have long cycles and partly because I can't figure out how/when to temp correctly.  I know you are supposed to temp after 4 solid hours of sleep, but I don't seem to ever get 4...
I have been temping at somewhat the same time each day but I always have to get up to use the bathroom every single morning.  Sometimes it is at 2 in the morning, sometimes it is at 4, but It happens every night and I can't wait to temp and then go, I need to get in there and then I come back to bed and go back to sleep.  My alarm goes off at 6:15, so I end up temping then, so I don't always have 4 hours of sleep before taking my temp.    I do use the same side of my...