or Connect

Posts by Pumpkin_Pie

Oh my!  "Cookies made from snatch"  *snicker*
Yes, esg, your son is ADORABLE!!!  Love the new pic of him in your profile pic!!   Well, I am getting super nervous about Monday.  I am actually having a hard time finding a sitter for my son and think I am just going to hire a local college girl that I have used before.  I now have TWO more men that I am going to interview!  One lives a couple of hours away, but he really sounds like the best of the bunch so far.  It might not be such a bad thing really.  I am...
Ok, so I have a meeting set up to interview a potential donor!  I am so excited, scared, freaked out, GAH!!!!!  He lives about 45 minutes away from me and we are going to meet for coffee at a McDonald's, which I think is pretty public and I am not scared to go there but dang, this just feels so WEIRD!  I need to find a friend with a printer that I can use to print out the donor contract and health history questionnaire that I found online that I like.  I don't expect him...
  I have two potential donors!  I finally received some responses yesterday and two definitely sound like they are serious and definite possibilities.  I did get a few weirdos who sent things like "Only in town for tonight, call me" with a very posed pic of them.  I just delete those but the two that sent serious responses both wrote about having wanted to help a family for a while, they wrote about their job, their hobbies, described physical attributes, etc.  I figure...
I just started charting this cycle and I have a history of long cycles (35-40 days).  I was diagnosed as having PCOS in my early 20's, even though I was active and not overweight at the time.  I am currently overweight but have been getting periods pretty regularly since DS was around 18 months old.  He is about to turn 4, so I have been regular for longer than I have ever been at this point.  I always have EWCM, and have noticed it each cycle since my periods returned...
I just put an ad in our local paper!  Yikes!  So hoping it works out.  Here is what I wrote for my ad:    Sperm donor wanted for artificial insemination: I am a single mother to a fabulous 4 year old and would love to give him a sibling. Donor must be disease free and willing to stick with me for multiple cycles if pregnancy is not achieved right away. Leave me a message and we can set up a time for an interview.   What do you ladies think?  I placed it in the...
The Yahoo group sounds like a good thing, but I did a quick search and it looks like there are no registered donors in my state, or anywhere near me.  Hope it gets up and running with more folks eventually.   So, tonight I spoke with a friend who had a child using a known donor that she found through placing an ad in a local paper.  I am so intrigued by her experience and can't wait to talk to her again! She said she placed the ad, and got a ton of responses.  Yes, some...
A friend of mine put popcorn in eggs for her son and I am totally stealing that idea this year.
  Reddeermomma,  I hear you on people's judgements on being a SMBC.  I told my best friend who is also a single mama (although not by choice) and her reaction was extremely negative.  It was very hard to hear her not be supportive.  I think at this point, I am not going to tell anyone until I am actually pregnant.   
GAH!  I lost my known donor.  I thought he was a safe choice to ask, and he was very much on board with the whole thing and then about two weeks ago, he started hitting on me, saying very sexual things to me at work, etc.  I finally had to ask him to stop and I am now feeling like I am starting over at square one.  I have been looking through online sperm banks and am thinking that may be the way that I end up having to go.  I was so not wanting to use a bank due to the...