or Connect

Posts by Mommy2Austin

Maiasaura- Thanks for the info! When I had looked up the calendar I got all excited because my birthday was a holiday lol August 1, 1986. I turn 26 this year. Having a frustrating morning and a lot of conflicting emotions. Its going to be a blah day.
Alrighty, now that I'm up :-) We got our food stamps approval. It was less than I expected, but if we get WIC again too, it should be enough to get us by until the financial fog clears up. Financially (I hope), all the pressing things have been taken care of (the kind of things that would put DH without work.) This past week he busted his tush (I haven't seen him in almost 3weeks because he's been working so hard to get us caught up) and it has us almost in the black. By...
Just a quick peek in for now! Cause I should be sleeping! Things are looking up. We aren't in the clear yet, but we're close!
Maiasaura- Thanks. Yeah I wouldn't be able to handle it if he went to jail. Especially since we are both former corrections officers. I will say I would check the income limits again. They change every year and you might qualify now. As for sleepovers, you seem to have a frank and honest relationship with your DS and if you trust the two of them I don't see why its an issue. If they were cousins or brother and sisters no on would think much of it.
Maiasaura- I'm sorry M is having so much trouble LionessMom- Sweet Happy Birthing vibes to you! I'm still here. We shut off cable and internet and phone. I haven't had any means of outside communication until I told DH I had to at least have service on my phone in case of an emergency (beyond just calling 911 which I could do without service) Hoping DH gets all the paperwork sent into DCF so we can get food stamps. Thankfully all they need this time around are his...
Awww congrats!! I'm still here all day every day
Yay M!!! So glad he got it. Sounds like a great excuse to go see him and...celebrate!! Hehe
Our issue is DH getting on the computer late at night and falling asleep on the couch with lights and computer and TV all on. Plus I was leaving the bathroom light on for the kids, but I've now started turning it off once they fall asleep. Thanks for all the spread help I'm hoping to pull them out in the next day or two and work with them. And now its my turn to ask for vibes. A position is opening at DH's work that would take him from piecework self contractor to an...
Job vibes all around! Applied for food stamps and medicaid a few days ago. Trying to stay on DH to call for the phone interview so we can get approved asap. It would make a world of difference to have food stamps again. I've been trying to keep on the kids and hubby about turning lights and electronics off especially at night to try and keep our electric bill down. Summer time in Florida is not so fun especially needing the A/C on. We had a jump of 800 kwH last month...
Maiasaura- I'm so sorry about M's job. Ugh the job market sucks. Is it so much to ask to be able to have a steady job that pays your bills and puts food on the table? I have no need to be rich, I just want to be able to take care of my family. Positive vibes and thoughts to M. I didn't realize it was a full moon until last night when it was staring through the blinds on my window. I'm wondering if the lead up to it was why I was feeling so down and blah. Today I managed a...