or Connect

Posts by mama2annabelle

Wow, this has turned into a great conversation.  While I do disagree with some points given, I honor the fact that we all are passionate about what is best for babies in our care.  Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.  
I believe they are both important....they are not mutually exclusive.  I'll keep looking for the better options, thanks.   
Thanks for the replies.  True that type of formula is a minor issue in the grand scheme of these children's lives.  But, as I am well aware of formula's shortfalls and have the means to purchase the best options available, I am just looking for the better options and organic for sure.  Our biological children eat the best we can find, I wouldn't expect to do any less for a foster child.       Has anyone used Nature's One brand?  I just checked out their website and...
We are about to start fostering and I am looking forward to having babies in our care.     All 4 of my children were breastfed, so formula-feeding is going to be a whole new ballgame for me.  I have worked in the lactation profession as a CLC and educator and am very aware of the inadequacies of formula and it breaks my heart that it is the only option for these babies.  But as it is our only choice, I am looking for the "best" formula out there.     I have...
I'm a happy doTERRA customer as well.  Excellent products!  I've been using essential oils for almost 10 years now (Aura Cacia, NOW, Mountain Rose Herbs) and when I first encountered doTERRA I was very skeptical.  But now that I've used the oils and have personal experiences to compare, I would never go back to the cheaper stuff.  doTERRA is definitely top of the line.  
I don't know anything about Paleo.    My doctor is an MD, surprisingly (a Family Practice Physician).  But over the years she has changed her entire practice into Holistic one.  She practices "integrative and functional medicine," if that means anything.  Her entire practice is education based and she requires her patients to become educated in their own care.  It's a really neat concept.     I really encourage you to look into that book.  It's been life changing...
Hello,    I would love to hear from people who have had successful experiences with the GAPS diet.  By successful, I mean they did the diet, symptoms went away, and now they are fine.     I am drawn to GAPS because I know we need healing.  We've been doing elimination diets for 7 years.  Yes, elimination diets have been excellent at keeping our symptoms at bay, but it's obvious that healing hasn't taken place, just absence of symptoms.   If we ever make a...
Forgot to mention....the anti-inflammatory diet protocol is detailed in that book.
I've been there with many of the same issues you describe...unable to loose baby weght, chronic fatigue, brain fog, terrible periods, brittle hair/nails, etc.  I also had a terrible time producing milk for my last baby.  I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's about a year and a half ago and my endocrinologist also wanted to take the wait and see approach.     Through a u/s and biopsy we discovered that my thyroid gland is halfway deteriorated.  The doctor actually said to...
Just wondering how many blogging mamas there are here.  I'm just getting my feet wet and would love to chat with some others who are already doing it.  Thanks!