or Connect

Posts by MeepyCat

They care because they're interested in why and how people make choices for their families about vaccination. Note that they're also critical of some public health information campaigns. UNICEF 's agenda is definitely in favor of vaccination. They'd be fools not to check out the other side.
How is it spying to read what people say on a public forum?
Not a twin mom, but as a preemie mom, I know I was told that 37-weekers typically do very well. I know they've been adjusting the definition of "term" for pregnancy, so I don't know what the official rule on twins is these days, but it used to be that they were considered term at 36 weeks. I know this isn't in line with the natural parenting schtick, but IMO, you could do worse then induce your twins now. What does your doctor (or midwife) think?
My advice, honestly?  If co-sleeping worries you, don't do it.  There are other options.    The post-partum period ramped up my anxiety something fierce, and while I did eventually wind up co-sleeping with both my kids (when they were a few months old), I couldn't bring myself to lie down with a newborn.  That's okay.  The thing I did feel was a lifesaver was having a pack-n-play in the room.  The bassinet attachment on mine saved me all kinds of bending over when DD was...
I agree, head bonks from crawling are unavoidable and no big deal.  Basically, at this stage, a child will bonk its head on something at least twice a day.  Babywearing a crawler is way harder then wearing an infant - the crawler wants to be down and exploring, which makes them wiggly and uncooperative.
It is not shocking that an international health organization might take the time to ask someone on the staff to see what they could find on the internet about vaccines and comment on how what they find effects public health or the work of the organization.   Edited to add:  direct link to the UNICEF report is here:  http://www.unicef.org/ceecis/media_24017.html
I think parents who are honest with their kids have more credibility as role models.  What's more convincing:  someone who tells you that they've never made a mistake and you shouldn't either, or someone who tells you that they did some stupid things and wouldn't want you to have to deal with those same consequences?  I don't want to tell my kids every dumb-ass thing I did when I was young, but we're going to have some frank talks when they're older, about how I went off...
Three or four hundred ahead per week adds up fast. Even per month, it could ease a lot. That's two utility bills. Or a car payment. So yeah, absolutely. Reasons not to do it would be if childcare for working hours put you in a hole, or if you needed to find something better paying.
Ashtree, I think the reason Ratchet's suspicious of the intubation for formula account is that intubation is the technical term for putting a tube through the airway to the lungs.  That tripped my radar too, but I know that my recollection for the names of medical procedures I'm stressed about is lousy.    The NICU may have wanted to run a feeding tube - that's a pretty standard practice for babies with breathing problems, since nursing can be tough for them.  They often...
That distinction is pretty opaque to consumers, and it's not clear from tge study whether it results in safer practices or better outcomes. For me at least, it's a problem that midwifery organizations have been so open for so long - if the barriers to entry are sufficiently low, entry is meaningless. (Edited to remove parenthetical that I actually can't find the backing link for.)Which programs are MEAC certified?