or Connect

Posts by bhmomof3

Okay, here's my input FWIW. Every time my kids got the big "D" I was told to give them rice and bananas. Peanut butter and cheese work well to stop them up too, but those are just my own personal inputs. "Rice and Bananas" is the advice of two different pediatricians, along with pedialyte. Good luck...and don't forget the diaper rash ointment. (I have some wonderful herbal diaper rash ointment, if you are looking for a natural alternative, and it acutally works!)
When I was 11, my grandfather came to live with us, following my grandma's death. Almost immediately he was diagnosed with cancer, and he lived the last 9 months of his life in a hospital bed in our living room. When he was alive, it was his habit to wander through the house with his hands in his pockets, jingling his keys and money. After his death, we would still hear the jingling in our front hallway from time to time. I like to think of him as a spirit, not a...
No, bh does not mean Black Hills, but nice guess!
My child is studying on a 1-2nd grade level. I have been using Sonlight curriculum, but I am not satisfied with the spelling program. (Too easy and too few words, IMO) Any good suggestions? Also, I am interested to know how these kids in 2nd grade are entering Geography Bees....is that their main focus or do they just have a great curriculum? If so, WHAT curriculum are they using?
This is my third attempt to post a reply. Everytime I finish and hit "submit reply" I get an error message, and then my reply is completely erased. Yes, I agree that my sister's comments were manipulative, and I hadn't thought of it that way. I do think she meant it in a sincere way, but you are right, it was presented badly. PROGRESS--SLOW AND STEADY I got about 25 crock pot recipies from a wonderful woman named Trish...THANKS TRISH! I am perusing them to see...
botox boy
Isn't Borax a just as toxic as any other cleaner? I keep reading it in the "recipies" and I am confused.:
If I could afford part-time help, or even just once-a-week help, I would have done that already, I promise! I'm going to have to master the crock pot...make a "chores" list--(and my husband will have his share...) and get comfortable with less time-consuming schooling. If DH doesn't like the changes, I guess he will have to deal with my decision at that point.
Thank you all for the good advice. I'm willing to try anything! I'll try the flylady thing too. I must ask for one more thing.... CROCK POT RECIPIES?! I just don't do crock pots, or at least I haven't up to this point. Time to whip it out! Anyone have any good (easy) recipies I could try?
Actually, I haven't felt depressed, just really, really overwhelmed. It's a feeling like I cannot keep up, no matter how hard I try. The result is that I do everything about half-way, and nothing really well...and that contributes to my stress as well! I am not unhappy, I just don't know how to juggle everything successfully, and remain available to my other children, who are more needy at thier ages than my 7 year old. If it were up to me, I'd try putting my oldest...