or Connect

Posts by Momalea

Bera, I haven't heard of anyone else doing ozone in Seattle, but I haven't looked very much since my kid's teeth are holding up okay these days. The dentist in Idaho I've heard of is Dr. Larry Bybee of KiDDS Dental in Pocatello, ID. His website is: http://www.kiddsdental.com. I just looked at it though, and it doesn't have a lot of info on it. You can search MDC forums for his name or ozone and see if anyone else has recommendations. Do you know about the...
Now that I'm more clear on the assets aspect I think I'll only spend my allotment on consumables and lessons/fieldtrips. Trying to keep track of what I bought via CVA and knowing I'll have to return it sounds stressful to me. I do wonder where all those returned supplies go. Thanks again for your continued help.
It's me again! You were so helpful with my last questions I thought I'd throw another one out. I was about to fill out a vendor request form tonight and I looked closer at the assets page. If I buy my dd a book (not a workbook) on human growth or a geography game or a set of math manipulatives, do I need to send them back to CVA at some point? Has anyone sent their "assets" back to CVA or has this come up at some point? It seems odd to me. If I use CVA for 4 or 6...
My friend and her two dds had it two weeks ago. It was very mild for the 3 of them and her husband didn't catch it.
I tried to get my kids into Tracy McDaniel's practice a few months ago and her practice was closed to new clients. Can't hurt to call though...I know two women who speak very highly of her. I work with a ND who I would says is very respectful, kind, crunchy and low-key. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, so we work with hormonal issue a lot. I find her to be very knowledgeable, but she is also open to referring out when she thinks it's needed. Her name is Paris Preston...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfmeis A PP poster noted that the hoops you jump through, all that rigmaroll, is so that they can cover their bases. We have been blessed with a very open teacher contact, and she is really good at explaining the real reasons behind stuff. I think my contact must be pretty new because she answers a lot of my questions with "I'll have to check with my supervisor" or "I'll have to look into that" to what seem to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama-aya If you're registered 100% you're a CVA student, technically, and maybe they feel they need to be more careful about making SLPs fit the state standards? Most everyone I know is registered 99%, or even a little less. I did register us at 99% so I could keep my home based learning status, which is pretty important to me. Quote: This is the first year they've had a template, subject by subject,...
mama-aya-thanks for all the details, it's very reassuring. I was able to talk with a mother from my homeschool group today who also spoke very highly of Columbia Virtual Academy and said she was very creative in how she met the state standards. You wrote: You have to fill out the SLPs, but you can change them to say whatever you want, for each subject, and you can change them as the school year goes along, too. Most people just write them to be fairly open-ended,...
One more question: I heard that there was a Yahoo group for CVA but when I try to access it through Yahoo it says for members only. When I try to access it through CVA I don't see a way to. Any ideas?
We just (as in last week) signed up for CVA. I spoke with my dd's teacher contact today and have been looking through the WINGS website. I'm feeling a little misled because I thought the process would be more open and it feels restrictive to me. I am looking through the Student Learning Plan objectives and I thought I would be able to write out my own plan and stick to that but it looks like I have to adhere to the state standards for 3rd grade. For example, my dd is...