or Connect

Posts by Momalea

If you have the energy for more questions... When will my dh get a job? Will I ever be a published writer? Thanks!!!!
I'm in Seattle and this is the price I get in the milk co-op I just joined: Raw Cow Milk .5 gallon $4.20 Raw Cow Milk 1 gallon $8.25 dozen eggs $4 (though I get my eggs from my mom-thanks mom!) They don't do cheese or butter (I wish!) or anything else. The milk is delivered to a house and we pick it up there once a week.
I know a family at the French American School. Her dd (5yo) loves it and her family thinks highly of it as well. That being said, I don't know them well enough to be able to speak to their crunch-factor or how they view academics.
I'd love to find such a dentist as well. Last time I researched this the closest dentists that used ozone worked in Canada or Idaho. Does anyone else have more current information?
Wow, I've lived Seattle all my life and have never heard of this well. I wish I lived closer!
Even though I was pretty sure my second child was a boy I was still disappointed when we found out for sure. I was sad and angry and when people told me it wouldn't matter once he was born I couldn't really believe it. I didn't really think I could love a boy as much as I could love and relate to a girl. Well, I was wrong. So much so that if I were to have a 3rd child I'd be hoping he was a boy. I would never in a thousand years have imagined I could feel that way. So,...
My dd has really enjoyed the Bunnicula books as well. She would also recommend Clementine, The Talented Clementine & Clementine's Letter by Sara Pennypacker.
I am not currently reading this book but I have read it and was interested in this thread. I find Naomi Aldort's work (book and newsletters) to be inspiring and irritating and thought provoking. Naomi Aldort is very inspired/influenced by Byron Katie (http://www.thework.com/index.asp). I realized this after I read a couple of Byron Katie's books then re-read some of Naomi Aldort's work. It helped me understand Aldort's approach more after having read Katie. Byron Katie...
I'm glad you got in! I know that my friend needed an appointment asap, maybe that's why they told her it was closed? Or it was her interpretation of their schedule.
I think the previous posters have given you good information that I'll try not to replicate. Personally, I had a birth center to hospital transfer (very easy transfer as far as admit went) with my first birth which only reinforced my desire to have any subsequent births at home. My second child was born (at 10# 4oz) after a very easy labor at home. I have a friend who is a labor and delivery nurse who had 2 of her 3 children at home and would recommend home birth...