or Connect

Posts by Momalea

Beautiful!
Quote: Originally Posted by Love_My_Bubba The other night DS was testing his lungs and while his mouth was a big gaping hole I caught a glimpse of a brown spot on one of his lower molars. I took him to brush his teeth and it wouldn't come off! I am completely panicked because we can't get DS to sit still for a diaper change let alone to have a dentist take a drill to his mouth. I'm pretty sure what you guys are going to tell me is that they sedate...
Quote: Originally Posted by lesliesara63 How long do they need to simmer? Same amount of water? I have a lot to do for gifts, maybe I'll have the stove and microwave going. I simmer until the silky has absorbed most or all of the dye from the water. I use enough water so that the silky is totally covered. I couldn't say exactly how long it takes per silky to dye them, it seems to me it depends on how hot the water is/how much dye is in the water...
We don't have a microwave so I've always dyed them on the stove top with no problems. It works great the only drawbacks are that it probably takes longer and you just can't get the cool tye-dye effect.
Both of my kids have had issues with constipation, my dd since she was around 9 months old which resulted in her loosing most of her colon function by the time she was 4 (at age 8 she is almost back to normal function). My almost 3yo ds has had a similar issues but with the history of my dd we addressed it much more aggressively and earlier. I found that most doctors (naturopaths and mds) were too lenient on what they'd consider constipation (though I don't remember...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksenia I would welcome suggestions for cloth diapers for my heavy night-time wetting 5 yo. We've been doing disposables :. Last thing I knew Snap-EZ makes cloth diapers in very large sizes-for adults as well.
My dd used FuzziBunz diapers until just before her 7th birthday (she is petite and fit size XL easily). I think the last 6 months of night time wetness she was just peeing in her diaper when she woke up instead of going to the bathroom. When we spoke with her pediatrician about it she was totally unconcerned and spouted off some statistics that I forget now but was reassuring as to my dd's age and the frequency of kids that age still needing diapers/pull ups....
Thanks for such a comprehensive reply Emmeline II! I actually printed it out as a reminder of why we don't need a tetanus vaccine shot at the ER.
I wouldn't have done tetanus shot either (my kids are totally unvaxed). From what I've read in your post and what I've read about what tetanus needs to thrive, it doesn't sound necessary in your dd's situation. Sorry you were hassled-I dread the first time we have to face this.