or Connect

Posts by xochimama

subbing This is my fourth (fifth?) year mapping. Last year I bombed completely!  I made a beautiful oval map, starting writing and all over it-- then dropped the ENTIRE thing.  I really lost sight of my vision, of what I want, and never finished the map. In fact, the actual paper ended up being my daughter's violin playing mat.    Which is WEIRD because the previous years, besides making hugely successful treasure maps (I love them still!), I manifested so much in...
Hey all, it's been AGES since I've been on MDC, but I never miss Treasure Mapping!! This will be my...fourth? year...wow, what an inspired thing for me to do every year. Last year I had a TM party and introduced a small group of girlfriends to it. It has impacted all of their lives. If ever I have time, I'll take pics and post links to the maps w/ comments about how it has evolved and manifested for me over the last few years.
subbing. we did the superfood diet w/ dd1. it was great nutritionally, but when I went back to work and she started p/t daycare at 12 mo., she just REFUSED her fabulous home-made purees (tofu, yogurt, mustard greens and brewer's yeast--she used to gobble it up...) She wanted the daycare food. : We've had food battles ever since, and at 3 yo she is a picky picky eater. Arrrrrgh. SO, the plan this time around is basically the same stuff nutritionally, and in that...
subbing! third year for me. the last two have been incredible.
saludos, everyone. long time, no post...! busy month here, and now just back from a week in mexico. ahhhh... happy holidays, hope you all are well. i won't try to catch up on the thread, just been thinking of you...
OMG I just have to say this year's TM has been absolutely incredible. All these things on my map have come to fruition: I had my absolute DREAM homebirth in September (this was the central image and focus), a family vacation in Mexico happening next month, and another BIGGIE--- I sold two large paintings to public collections which will be most of the down payment on a house for us. (the house has appeared for on my TMs for two years now) AND we just got an...
I tried logging in-- do we need new usernames over there?
Quote: Originally Posted by rootzdawta Btw . . . about names. How did you come by your username here on MDC? Was it thoughtful? Does it have a meaning? Was the name you really wanted already taken? I am so uncreative when it comes to user names! My daughter's middle name is Xochitl (means flower in Nahuatl), hence xochimama.
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy By the by, there's no h in my name... anywhere. I had to laugh at this because I am CONSTANTLY correcting the spelling of my name! I am Cristina (the Spanish spelling) and have fought my whole life for people to not spell it Christina or worse, Christine. Both are beautiful names, but not me. I hate it when people anglicize me. : It is especially annoying when this happens in work situations and...
: Greetings from Las Vegas! Good luck finding someone. I could prolly find you some recommendations from friends in Santa Fe if you don't come up with anything on yr own. Just let me know...