or Connect

Posts by lastaats

When my daughter was 6 wks old she was admitted to the hospital for "failure to thrive" also. She went for almost a month w/out gaining any weight. We stayed in the hospital for a week while they ran test after test and went over scenario after scenario. I was breastfeeding and ended up having to stop and pump and bottlefeed so they could measure how much she was taking in and what she was putting out (we had to weigh her diapers). They found a couple of possibilities,...
stik - yeah i had taken a couple pictures of it last week so i could prove to mama/daddy that it was actually worstening instead of getting better. ((i was actually hoping someone would tell me that it isn't ringworm and i'm crazy..)) but i cut out his privates...just a butt shot. right now it looks like they've all kind of morphed into 3 huge "rashes". i would really rather not have to treat it myself...i've really been hoping mama would listen when i tell her...
I'm kind of glad to hear others say that....i've gotten so aggravated that i wanted to cry b/c of this. But then i think maybe i'm overreacting. It's really upset me b/c they just keep blowing me off about it and i even called one night to make sure and update the mama w/ what i thought needed to be done. I've been contemplating giving them an ultimatum....I am going to bring it up AGAIN tomorrow and tell them they HAVE to get this treated. She works so much i don't...
I babysit a 4 m/o little boy. And for the past month and a half he's had an ever-growing case of ringworm on his butt. It started as just one spot on his cheek, then it has slowly grown bigger w/ more rings...moved to the other side...has a spot in front...and now it looks like he may have a spot on his little sack. I've talked to the parents quite a few times telling them they need to get this taken care of but they're in denial and saying it's just a diaper rash and...
My youngest dd just went through close to the same thing. She was close to 8 months old when she had the bad temp. My other two girls had been sick w/ colds and since Emma was snotty and had a sore throat i thought the temp was from that. After battling a high fever for almost a day w/ no break, we took her to urgent care. She had a UTI and RSV. We were given abx for the UTI and a week or so later she had the VCUG and tests done to check for VUR. The test really wasn't...
My 3 y/o has been at least starting out in her own bed since she was almost 2...and we co-sleep most of the time w/ my 11 m/o. We have a queen bed pushed against the wall. When my middle girlie comes crawling into bed in the middle of the night we've made sure to let her know to crawl next to daddy and i'll keep Emma next to me. I've worried about them rolling around and waking each other up since they're laying next to each other but they've done really well. There have...
I believe around that time is when mine transitioned to 2 naps a day. She sleeps at least 10 hours a night, then usually takes 2 2hr naps during the day. We do have our off days but that's our norm.
I changed mine during the night as needed. My girls always slept in the middle. I just slept on my side or back. DH and i both slept to where the baby had plenty of room. It's amazing how light of a sleeper you become when you have a nb sleeping next to you!
I put mine on a onesie, a cotton gown, socks, and their own blanket. She never seemed to get too hot or cold. I'd say start out w/ what you think is comfortable and if your babe needs more or less you'll know.
I lay my 11 m/o in bed by herself daily. That's where she's used to and sleeps the best. Our bed is one of those ikea beds that's really close to the floor. I put a pillow on each side of her and a blanket or something on the floor in case she does try to get off by herself. She's good about yelling for me when she wakes up instead of trying to get off on her own so i haven't had any problems. When we had a regular taller bed i just turned a moniter on so i could hear her...