or Connect

Posts by mmgarda

I got un'subbed AGAIN!!! Ok, think I'm all caught up on everyone's woes. Cherub - so sorry about your pet. We don't have any right now because our last loss was so hard for me to deal with that I just couldn't put myself through it again. It's so hard to lose that love. And 12 years is a long time, so don't be blaming yourself. On leaky dipes - we never could keep the FB's from leaking. I finally just quit and we went to sposies. We even buy the Overnites. They...
Just a quick post to re-sub to the thread. For some reason I just randomly stop getting emails when people post to MDC threads I'm sub'd to. I have never been able to figure out why. I'll read through later and touch base. Hope everyone's well!
All of these soups freeze well. The chicken soup separates a little. Tomato Pumpkin Bisque This is a super-easy, very lowfat, dairy-free soup. It's perfect w/ grilled cheese and salad! 3-4 Tbs. butter or oil 1 lg. onion chopped 3-4 c. chicken or veg broth 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes, w/ juice 4c. pumpkin puree 1 Tbs. honey salt In large, heavy-bottom sauce pan, saute onion in until translucent. Add stock and simmer partially covered 15 min. Pour...
Well, at least I'm not alone. . . I was laughing at the description of people who don't get it about difficult sleep. Seriously, DS1 was a DREAMMMMMMM baby. And we knew it. We just didn't know how MUCH o f a dream until Simon came along. Jeeeeeeeeze. It did occur to me today to make a connection between his EXPLOSION of communications. I printed out my post from last month about words and signs and realized that 2 weeks ago he had 21 specific words and/or signs and...
Just thought I'd get us started. . . http://www.mothering.com/discussions...14#post6174714 BTW - congratulations Cassidy!
Hey all! Thought I'd start a new thread! Way too much work for me to handle right now. SImon is waking SCREAMING every night and continues to scream for at least 1/2 hour. Nothing will soothe or calm him, so we're back to Sebastian on the floor in our room for a while. I think it's aftermath of the cold he just finished, but I dunno. It sucks. It always makes me feel so helpless and like a terrible mother - like I should be able to help him, kwim? Ugh. Needless to...
Hi! I used to be a Membership Director with the Girl Scouts and am also a former troop leader and leader trainer. As a program to boost self-esteem, I believe that there is nothing to equal Girl Scouting. Unfortunately, GS CAN be a challenge if the troop leaders are not sold on the concept of the overall program (e.g. it's all about cookies, snacks and crafts for them). When that happens, things like the PP's "queen bee" experience can happen. I urge you to call the...
Haba makes quite a few games for young kids and most of them have 3-4 versions of how to play the game. We have: Catch me! Cock-a-Doodle-Doo Grab Bag Charades (in a tin) http://www.haba.de/Games.246.0.html Also, Fischer-Price makes a really fun go-fish game with fish-shaped cards, a suction-cup fishing pole and "boats" to put the cards in. You can match pairs by color or number and there are at least 2 ways to play the game. Finally, we have an awesome game...
Quote: Originally Posted by Canadianmommax3 that's a great idea! Sure is! I do it with anything that's flexible - broth, soup, chili, gravy, milk, curry, etc. It saves SO much room. Wish I could remember who told me, but thanks to that brilliant mind anyway!
Quote: Originally Posted by Pom All day Kindergarden has - so far - been a blessing. . . We picked a pretty hippie place - no homework, grades; project-based, construcivist, democratic, non-violent communication. they run around, make messes, and learn how to communicate with eachother. Hey! Sounds like ours! Sebastian has been adjusting nicely to K as well. We're at a charter school that focuses on community and teaching the children how to be...