or Connect

Posts by mmgarda

Quote: Originally Posted by sproutbabe She also understands a few instructions like ... 'OH MY GOD, YOU SPIT THAT OUT NOW!!!!' laughup : bwaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ok, my crazy little monkey boy now knows how to stand up in his highchair, even if he is STRAPPED IN with the tray pushed ALL THE WAY BACK. $#!+ :
Shana - interesting that you ask. It's been such a different experience for us with Simon, as Sebastian was sooooo verbal. But just in the last week, maybe two, Simon has EXPLODED on the communications front. He now has words and/or signs for: Mama Dada Brother (ba-ba) What's that? (whadda? or dat?) Grapes (word and sign) Airplane (word and sign) Helicopter (signs airplane, but says hehka) Water milk food all-done tree dog (off off) No (shakes head and...
Mrs. Dash! Never even thought of that! Curious on the BBQ/Cranberry, does it wind up being really saucy? It sounds yummy! Do you do a whole chicken, or pieces?
What do you use for the Carribean Jerk - is it a prepared sauce/rub or do you do your own. How does it work for later usages of the chicken? Sage, rosemary and garlic we do a LOT. It's good, but I was wanting something a little different. The braggs was ok. Kinda bland. BUT, I'm reusing the cooking liquid with kidney beans and chili beans in chili gravy and I'll stir some chicken into it for dinner w/ corn bread. Maybe a green salad (though no one else will eat it...
It's already been mentioned here, I know, but I often try to think in terms of ingredients, and do batch cooking on the weekends. For example, I'll make a big batch of muffins on the weekend to be grabbed for breakfast, snack, dessert, dinner sides, etc. We buy the bags of frozen chicken breasts and we'll grill the whole bag at once. Those suckers are huge, so one can stretch a long way - sandwiches, salads, stir fry, pasta, soup, casserole, etc. I also do at least one...
It takes a little more organizing and planning, but I've found that it's worth going to different places for different things. For example, we go to the Farmer's Market every weekend for all our veges and fruits (or as many as we can - sometimes things just aren't in season); then we go to Food 4 Less (kinda like Costco, but not a membership) for our packaged foods and sometimes meat. My best recommendation is to check out local ethnic markets, if you have them. There...
I have two suggestions, one is probably less kid-friendly. Throw them in the crockpot! Add a little salt, 1/2 c. liquid (any kind except dairy) and some spices/herbs. You can do broth and a standard poultry herb (parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, garlic, onion). You can do soy sauce and a standard asian herb (ginger, garlic, five-spice, cilantro, lemon-grass, honey, teriyaki). Or, you can do tomatoes/tomato sauce and a standard SW flavor (chili powder, adobo,...
I often do a whole chicken to use for multiple meals. I'm just getting bored with the basic parsley/sage/rosemary options. Today I threw in some Bragg's, marjoram and garlic powder. Hope it's not gross!
Quote: Originally Posted by cherubess Was Sebastian the same at Simon's age? Is it because Simon has an older sibling which has encouraged his development or are they just different personalities? Hmmm. Good question. They definitely are different personalities. Simon is VERY physical and Sebastian was/is VERY verbal. He's not yet 5, but he can read and write. . . Still, I think that some of Simon's physicality is the result of being the...
I need some new flavors!! I usually crock up a whole bird for multiple meal usage. What spices/herbs/flavors do you use? Help me out! Lay 'em on me, ladies!