or Connect

Posts by mmgarda

DH will LOVE this! As a native NY'er and an EYE-Talian to boot, he is a pizza fiend! Thank yoU!
Chellemarie - do you have problems with leaks? A friend has these and I like them, but I notice that they leak a lot. Of course, she has bruiser kids and they aren't a family to worry so much about the condition of material posessions, so it's hard to tell if it's them or the product! Do have a soft-sided, reusable cooler lunch box, plus a stainless steel thermos w/ straw, but DS is just about to start K, so I'm not sure how well it will hold up.
Quote: Originally Posted by phishmama With that, I do the FLAT hands, and lay the hand flat to show what I mean. I then go on to say it HURTS mama and we need nice hands, and just reinforce that Oh yes. We do this, ad nauseum. I think I'm hitting the end of my rope here. It's kind of like the biting factor. I just feel abused. I think I take it more personally than I should simply because my first was SUCH an easy, mellow, sweet nurser...
Quote: Originally Posted by chellemarie there's a trick for using that natural peanut butter that seperates. Here's another one: Dump the jar of p-butter into a large square or rectangle storage container. (I like the "disposable" ones.) You can stir it much more easily and really get it good and mixed. Then it barely separates in the fridge. Plus, when the whole jarfull comes sliding out (in that oh-so-satisfying "shlock!" sound), the jar...
Your recipes look awesome! But I'm wondering, can you define protein powder? Do you mean like what weightlifters use? Or are you talking like a Jamba Juice protein shot? And where do you get it?
Hey, can you please post your groundbeef pizza crust recipe? I have a zuchinni/cheese crust that's almost wheat-free, but it's not so popular around this house. . .
So, my 14 mo. guy has always been a tough nurser - biting, wild and crazy movements, pulls at my hair, etc. We've introduced a blankie with tassles and a soft dolly w/ nappy hair as he seems to have some tactile stimulation needs and they seem to help a bit. Now we only nurse at bedtime and at wakeup. In the morning it's while laying down and at night it's while sitting up. And now, bedtime nursing (or the occasional evening nursing) includes whacking mama super hard...
Hi Everyone, So, for some reason, I've been bumped off getting emails when a new post arrives. Every few months or so that happens to me with MDC. Don't know why. Anyway, now that we're almost done with August, I'll say hi again! Life continues to be crazy as my work increases (which is TOTALLY awesome and I'm SO lovin' it!). DH has been home for a few weeks and we've been slowly working out a schedule for who's on duty w/ kids and who can use the computer and...
Well, the weaning is well under way. I forgot my pump connectors yesterday, so didn't even do my one time of pumping, but then when I picked up Simon, he was TOTALLY uninterested. Twice he suckled for like 5 seconds and then, gone! He did nurse before bed AND take a bottle, but the rest of the time he just seems to darn busy! Anyway, I'm sort of anticipating AF showing up soon. Hopefully it will because I plan to get a copper IUD and my MW says the best time to insert...
Wow - this sounds interesting. Ballpark amount on garlic and onions? Do you soak the chickpeas first? How much meat? And what happens to the eggs? Do they come out sort of like hard-boiled?