or Connect

Posts by Mrs.aLifeofReilly

Thanks for the good wishes. I had my 39 week appt. today and the midwife showed me how to do a liver massage (who knew this was possible!) and it really did help with the itching. I feel a lot better (still itchy but much less so) so between the liver massage and cold cloths I think I'll survive till the birth. AugustLia23 - I just have to comment on your screen name and that I noticed you're from the Boston area. My name is Lia, I was born August 30th, and I live...
I'm due June 7th and have been having a wonderful first pregnancy with no morning sickness, no complications and was still feeling great at 38 weeks! I was feeling so great I said I didn't care if I went late. Then a few days ago I developed PUPPPs and now I am miserable. Sarna lotion helps temporarily, as does a cold washcloth. I spend most of my day in a cold shower because that's when I feel the least itchy. I feel so bad for just wanting my baby out NOW. I've...
Thanks for everyone's responses. I had an appointment yesterday and brought the issue up with my midwife. It turns out we had a misunderstanding. It isn't if my water breaks I have to go on a monitor and no waterbirth - it is if my water breaks and after a few hours we can't get labor to start naturally the hospital has them induce, and when induced you have to be on a monitor and therefore no waterbirth. Obviously I'm hoping it stays simple and I go into labor before...
I'm giving birth in a fairly open-minded hospital with midwives. I am planning on having a waterbirth but found out I may run into a snag. I am GBS+ with high levels (reoccuring GBS bladder infections). My midwife told me that I wouldn't be able to waterbirth if my water broke before I went into labor as they would have to do continous fetal monitoring and their equipment isn't waterproof. I'd be really disappointed not to waterbirth but of course I want whatever is...
I'm 30 weeks along and familiar with checking my own cervix from trying to conceive. All of the dr.'s I've spoken to seemed shocked that I've been able to/did do this, so I'd rather not bring it up with them again because of the bad reactions. I know some of you on this board also have self-checked as I've read posts on it in the past. Last week I was having very sharp stabbing pains in the cervical area and brought it up at my appointment. I was sort of brushed off and...
I'm 30 weeks along and familiar with checking my own cervix from trying to conceive. All of the dr.'s I've spoken to seemed shocked that I've been able to/did do this, so I'd rather not bring it up with them again because of the bad reactions. I know some of you on this board also have self-checked as I've read posts on it in the past. Last week I was having very sharp stabbing pains in the cervical area and brought it up at my appointment. I was sort of brushed off...