or Connect

Posts by Mrs.aLifeofReilly

Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire For us New Englanders considering a yurt, you can stay in a rustic one (no electric or running water) for $95 a night in New Hampshire. Very cool!
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire We're looking into it too - and we're in MA. Hi! Great to 'meet' someone else in the area. I've already looked into the idea of a composting toilet (one of the properties we looked at had a failed title V and I was researching to see if instead of putting in a new septic it would be a similar cost to do a greywater system and composting toilet but couldn't find the locals laws on it as it was a pretty...
This is something DH and I have been dreaming/talking about for a while. We're currently renting but have been looking to buy. We've seen some houses in suburban lots that are nice, but on the expensive side for us and aren't really what we're looking for. We both really like the idea of a yurt and have been tossing around the idea of just buying a few acres and putting up a yurt and living off grid. Has anyone who has been there give some practical advice? How...
Quote: Originally Posted by witchygrrl Now my DH asked me to make cupcakes for his work meeting yesterday, and those are a weakness of mine, particularly the batter. But I'm jumping back on the grain-free wagon! You can still have grain-free cupcakes! I love all the ones at Elana's Pantry http://www.elanaspantry.com/ The ones on her site are made with coconut flour (and there's one in her book with almond flour) and so tasty. I just sub honey...
Quote: Originally Posted by nettlesoup . I'm really going to miss my tea with sugar though; I don't like it without But I am looking forward to feeling better mentally and physically. That's my big thing with sugar too. I can handle giving up 'sweets' in general, but I love my tea and it just doesn't taste good to me sweetened with honey or not sweetened at all. I'm going to try to slowly wean off the sugar in tea by trying to use a bit less...
I think I'm finally going to participate rather than just lurk in this thread. We've been grain-free/primal-ish for about 4-5 months now and gluten free since last summer. My DS1 has soy and gluten allergy (most likely celiac, but we're not going to subject him to the biopsy) and also intolerances to rice and oats and several other things. I did eat a loaf of bread (for the first time since we went gluten-free) the other week and felt awful with a stomach ache and...
I had a waterbirth with my DS (he was 2) present and vocalized a bunch during pushing. Not so much talking, more like primal and gutteral moans. He didn't seem to care and likes to talk about his brother's birth. My video is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMpukYFNLc I think most of the noise is in part 2, which should be easy to find since it has the same title.
We did this but I didn't end up using it at all. I set it up above where the pool was going so that I could have something to hold on to besides the side of the pool. Ended up using the side of the pool anyway
I went last year and had lots of fun! But I don't think I can swing it this year. You might have more luck looking for a roomate in the Birth Professionals forum as I bet any of the MA birth professionals going won't be staying in the hotel, just driving there for the day. Also try the All Doulas board and specifically the New England doulas group.
here's a pretty good list of things to avid if you're cutting out soy http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org...dance_List.pdf some people don't react to soy lecithin and soybean oil but my kids react to both