or Connect

Posts by mother_sunshine

My daughter began her first moon 3 months ago. It was very light spotting and lasted about a week. The next month it came on the 31st day, this time even lighter and shorter than the first. The third month was skipped, just more-than-usual clear discharge and no blood. I have read that this is normal but I just wanted to run it by everyone here to make sure. In your experience, when did the flow become regular? In the back of my mind I worry about iron deficiency. ...
My daughter will most likely get her nose pierced at 13. She wants it now, at 11, but I've told her she will need to wait. If you look at pictures of children in India, it is common for a young girl to have her nose pierced. My daughter and I both think it's beautiful. The only reason why I want my daughter to wait is for societal reasons. She's in 6th grade at a fairly conservative school so I'll save her the potential grief for now.
Quote: Originally Posted by caryyorkbirthart As my mother said about CLW, "there's nothing wrong with motherlove.":
I didn't fathom nursing for 7 years when dd was 2 (or even when she was 5). one day at a time, mama, one day at a time...
Welcome neostudded. You are a wonderful role model for other teen mamas.
I think it depends on the individual. As his Mom, only you know your child well enough to decide if he's ready. A 15-year-old might not be able to handle babysitting as well as some 10 year-olds. I don't think age is nearly as important as personality, maturity, kindness, preparation (cpr, first aid, what to do in an emergency), how they handle younger children and responsibility for others. My daughter is 11 and she was first asked to babysit when she was 9. ...
Dd (11) only likes their underwear and sweatpants. We don't have a store here so we only shop online.
11 is young but it isn't unheard of. It doesn't sound like she's doing anything wrong or dangerous. What would happen if you told her dad? Would he take her out of that school? Scold her? Or, best case scenario, would he talk with her about his concerns? Do you think he would be able to stop her from seeing this boy (or any boys for that matter)? Weigh the positives and negatives. I would be careful because she doesn't need to be shamed for liking boys, and she...
I won't comment because the topic is going off into negative trivial pursuit. If someone finds anything I say offensive (I am not very politically correct), I apologize. It is not my intent to hurt others or instigate hurtful comments. Instead of going backwards and taking everything as a personal attack (both ways, givers and recipients), can we please look forward at the possible future impact of this kind of view? After all, this is a sector of Christianity that...
: I've been to plenty of homes where the siblings act the same way with each other constantly. So it is not an only-child thing.