or Connect

Posts by mother_sunshine

Dd LOVES "Human Body Explorer" CD-ROM. It's for ages 5-9. It does a wonderful job of making learning about the body fun and interactive. I bet you could find it at Half.com or Amazon pretty cheap.
I have a horrible fear of flying. Every slight bump makes me go into an internal panic. I have to take it inward and meditate though because I don't want to pass the fear on to dd and freak her out. My imagination runs wild and I think that someone might open the emergency escape, a window might crack open, or we may hit a large air pocket. I like keeping my feet on the ground. That is hard when you live on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and the rest...
Ah shucks, I missed the pics too. That's so sweet though!
:LOL I think you already planted the seed when I read this to her. :LOL
:
Quote: Originally Posted by Mom4tot Hi imakebelieve. I am sorry I missed this thread before I have to laugh to myself when I see "older nurslings threads" and they refer to 4 year olds :LOL My son is nursing, and happily has not had any negative feedback. I firmly believe that if a child, whether they be 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 asks to nurse, they are expressing a need to nurse. It may not be the same need they had as an infant or a toddler, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaAllNatural I respectfully disagree. So, because the child is now aware that society is not comfortable w/EB he should have to wean?? By that same rule none of us should bf, and certainly not NIP as society's not comfortable with that either. Ditto.
Quote: Originally Posted by Firemom I told her there was nothing wrong with nursing but a lot of people don't know anything about nursing children your age. I did this because I didn't want her to feel bad about nursing. I approached it this way too, after dd (then 4) told a neighbor friend (then 7) that she nursed. I told her that there were still children who got to nurse but that many children (including neighbor) weren't so lucky and...
Just wanted to add.... FWIW, my Mom didn't breastfeed and was completely ignorant about breastfeeding in general. So as dd got older and older and was still breastfeeding, my Mom was completely baffled. I approached her with a "this is how it is, this is how it will be, and this is what is right for us" kind of attitude and she gave me respect for it. She had her moments when I needed to remind her with an article or a talk about my philosophy (or facts, whatever),...
I just wanted to respond with my immediate thoughts before I read through all the responses. My first thought is to make sure that your ds knows that there is NOTHING wrong with him breastfeeding at this age. It is so important that he know this. It is completely NORMAL, and this wouldn't even be an issue if many more mothers would just trust their children, trust themselves, and let them wean when they are truly ready. I'm sure you know this, but I sense a huge...