or Connect

Posts by Yaelita

I gave them gift certificates for an online organic shop, SaffronRouge.com. I was thinking about gift certificates to local businesses (like a spa or smth) but they live in different areas and it might not have been the most convenient thing for them. Online they can order anything they want.
Quote: Originally Posted by sahmnlovingit I watch a almost 4 month old from mon to weds from 5:30AM till 4 PM. And i have my 5 y/o at home too. I think watching one child and my own son is enough. LOL! I just hate to feel tied down, although this week i am watching her all week and weekend. her mom is my friend. You start at 5:30 am?!! wow, mama, when do you sleep? You do get a lot of hrs in though with such a schedule.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin'smom Everything great, right?! The dad stayed for "drop-off" for 1 1/2 hours. Sheesh. I'm going to talk to the mama tonight. I wanted to comment on this drop-off and pick-up situation - I've learned from my experience and am now witnessing the same problem with my friend who is also providing care at home. The parents think they pick up the child when they show up at your door, even if takes them 40...
I like Vistaprint too. I used them a few times for ordering magnets when they have discount offers. Everyone says the magnets are such a cool idea! (I tried both business card size magnets and the larger ones, with calendars).
Quote: Originally Posted by femuhnistmama Currently, I have all of my families sign a contract that when they go on vacation they will still pay the weekly fee however, if I am on vacation they are not required to pay. I had a parent who went on vacation last week, and did not want to pay for the week they took off even though, i it was in the contract and the handbook. she said she called around and most people do not require parents to pay if they give...
Quote: Originally Posted by zipworth After this experience I am wondering if it would be out of line to ask for references before accepting a new child, about the child's behavior while in the care of others? From former babysitters? How do you prevent getting children with extreme issues, that you do not have the resources to deal with? Especailly when parents choose to be less than forthcoming about issues their children may have? I just feel so burned...
Just wanted to chime in tha tmany kids are not ready for night-time dryness at age 5. My DD1, who was toilet trained at 3 during the day, wore dipaers at night until she turned 5. My DD 2 is 3.5 and still in diapers at night (also toilet trained at 3).
Quote: Originally Posted by EarthMamaToBe I'm 37 and TTC #1 and am very hurt by the idea that being a Mom isn't important enough. What do you say to these people? You can also say just that - I am 37 years old and have been longing to be "just a mom" for all these years. If you say it in a feeling tone of voice, not defensive, but smth you say when you confide in someone, maybe she will feel it too and let you alone.
I don't have a neti pot for flushing my nose with salt water - I use a regular plastic basin (clean) - any kind you have in your house, as long as you can lower your whole face into it. You put warm water with salt in it, then lower your face so that the water covers the nose, inhale water through both nostrils (I know, it seems like you are going to suffocate, but you won't - it's only one inhalation) then lift your face and exhale, or rather spit out, water through your...
I dont have a neti pot for flushing my nose with salt water - I use a regular plastic basin (clean) - any kind you have in your house, as long as you can lower your whole face into it. You put warm water with salt in it, then lower your face so that the water covers the nose, inhale water through both nostrils (I know, it seems like you are going to suffocate, but you won't - it's only one inhalation) then lift your face and exhale, or rather spit out, water through your...