or Connect

Posts by SAmama

I need a Tetanus booster for immigration purposes. I have no record of my last one and I considered getting a titer test done, but don't know the likelihood of it being high enough anyway, because it has been about ten years since my last vax. So, I need recommendations for a Tetanus vaccine that is preferably thimerasol and aluminum free. Or one that has as little as possible of it. The civil surgeon's office that I spoke to said "tetanus vaccine", but according to the...
Shared on FB. 
I would be very interested in homeschooling children who grow up with multiple languages and how that plays into their learning. 
I don't know near enough of it. As I understand it there are some genetic mutations that can influence detox pathways in your liver, methylation and I guess a whole bunch of other things, like risk for cancer, heart disease and maybe some autoimmunity (I am totally speaking under correction here). It can influence how you metabolize folate, for instance, or how much of some nutrients you need, how you get rid of food chemicals like salicylates. Also, from what I read in...
I know that a few moms did genetic testing and supplementation accordingly a while ago. We need to pursue this for our daughter and I was curious about experiences with it. Right now we cannot afford the Yasko test, and we are not in the US anyway, so I am considering 23andme. From the wiki it seems that I would have to figure much of it out myself, which I am willing to do. I would love to hear your experience and recommendations with it. 
54 mos with DD and 29 mos (and counting) with DS, but with a 6 mos overlap tandem nursing. So, 77 mos in all. I only know 1 woman IRL who nursed past 2 yrs, so this thread is so encouraging to me.
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I haven't been around for a while, hence the silence. DH and I started feeling better about 10 days into the diet (although still cheating, ha!). Then we traveled last week and had waaay more fruit than we would have here. All of us got grumpy, foggy brains, bloating and DH and I gained weight, in a week! Now we are back home to our broth and fatty meat. The first few days back were hard again and all of us got colds. My kids also got...
No-one, really? Any experience that I can learn from?   I am feeling better and more energetic, but the rest of my family is still a mess.
Bhoditree, thanks so much for the detailed response! My 5yo dd has a lot of allergies and sensitivities (food and environmental) and we are moving towards Gaps to see if it would help. We have been eating TF (broth, ferments, soaking, sprouting, the whole caboodle) and pretty high fat for 4 years. And of course avoid her allergens and suspected sensitivities. She still has bad eczema and some days her env. allergies just seem horrible. I have thought for a while that we...
I am pretty sure we need to do Gaps as a family. This past week we started doing the full Gaps and I want us to do it for a month or so and then do the intro. BUT we are all struggling. DH is achy and tired. DD's (5 yo) eczema has EXPLODED (she has always had it, nevermind what we avoid) and she wakes up about 5 times a night (normally about twice). DS (16 mos and mostly nursing, eating bites here and there) has been waking up 6 times a night, mostly screaming. Also,...