or Connect

Posts by Carlin

I hope this group stays alive too! It was reasonably active last week, so hopefully people were just having a nice, relaxing weekend with their families!    We've had a miserable couple days. My toddler and I both have horrible colds and the baby has been fussy in the evenings. Last night she was up and fussy from 10 to 12:30 then the 3 year old was up from about 1:30 to 3:30 before she finally settled into bed with us. 4 in a queen sized bed is not super...
According to kellymom and every reliable source of information I've seen, there's no need to pump and dump for either. The rule of thumb for alcohol is that if you can safely drive you can safely nurse. If you need to pump for your own comfort, you can of course, but alcohol will metabolize out of your breast milk at the same speed whether you pump or not. To be totally on the safe side I think they recommend waiting two hours after having a couple drinks. As far as spicy...
Ok, I'm trying this one handed on the iPad which has a non compatible browser so we'll see how this works. I had to return my work laptop last week so I've been reading along but haven't had a chance to post. Ember is doing great. She occasionally gets a bit fussy but is fairly easy to console. She sleeps pretty well and eats great. I love the little rolls she's getting! Libido - I'd be up for it but bleeding hasn't stopped yet and I'm not totally confident my tear has...
Jend  - I'm sorry your DH is being so negative. Hopefully he'll settle into the routine soon and realize how unhelpful being resentful of a baby is.   PrincessJules - I don't think it's too early for your diet to affect David, but I also don't think there's any reason to jump to conclusions if this is a one time thing. Ember had one morning at about a week old where she was awake and fussy from about 3 to 8 but it hasn't repeated so it's not something I'll worry...
CIO - I agree with everyone. It's such an unnatural, illogical thing to do. I don't know why our culture is so hellbent on getting babies to be "independent" when they are physically incapable of it. I always feel so bad for parents who have been brainwashed into thinking it's something we have to do. It's so damaging to everyone - the child who learns that no one will respond to their needs, and the parent who learns to totally ignore their own instincts. :(   Cloth...
Miranda, my favourite source for wrapping instructions is The Baby Wearer forums. They have a whole bunch of instruction links in the "Choosing and Using a Wrap section. I think you have to login to access them, but it's definitely worth it. http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/showthread.php?162105-Wrapping-Instruction-Links   My favourite newborn carry is FWCC (Front Wrap Cross Carry) but a Front Cross Carry or Pocket Carry (which is the same as you do with a...
Sorry you're having a rough day MotoMom. I hope you've at least managed to get some food into yourself now. ((hugs))
Mole, I'm sorry the nurse is worrying you. I have to say though, if her one suggestion to increase weight gain is to supplement with formula she's definitely not an expert! If you are worried I'd highly recommend talking to a lactation consultant. Checkng out a LLL meeting might give you some extra confidence or suggestions for increasing supply too. It sounds to me from what you are describing that everything is OK though. People forget that it's no more unusual to be on...
I've been taking extra cod liver oil and I think it's helped a lot. I really notice if I miss a dose. Getting out in the sun is a big help too. Hugs to you! Postpartum hormones suck!
I'm in the same boat! So far Ember is just such a dream baby too. This little one is so much more laid back then her big sister. She sleeps better now than DD1 did for the first year. She barely cries. But I'm so afraid to say anything and jinx it. I keep thinking things can change at any moment!