or Connect

Posts by His Own

I used crystal spray and roll ons successfully for a number of years.  Then they just stopped working.  I scrambled for a long while trying other natural things, making my own, etc.  What is now working perfectly and consistently every day is LAVILIN Deodorant.  I only need to apply this cream once every 12 or 13 days.  It really does work for me that long!  I had to try it a while to see how much I could trust it, but now I know that for me I can go almost two weeks...
Since your friend has a decent household income, might you be able to talk her (or her husband) into hiring someone to come in and clean once a week?  They would then at least have sheets on the beds, clean bathrooms, floors, counters, etc. for part of the week, then again the next week.   Whether she is depressed or not, it is clear that she just cannot deal with cleaning, in which case hiring help would be entirely sensible, not frivolous at all.  If you can...
I see that your question is really old, but if you are still looking, I have a couple of answers for you.  Dr. Leonard's and Carol Wright both sell Buster Brown 100% cotton socks.  Also Starcrest of California sells 100% cotton socks that look and feel exactly the same, but they are are little cheaper.  I buy these in white only from any of these, and these are the ONLY socks I wear. 
Actually, all you need from the above recipe is the SOAP.  Yep, many of us have  been brushing with low-glycerin soap for several years now, and my teeth are cleaner and whiter than they have ever been.  My dental hygienist is always amazed at how clean my teeth are when I go in for a cleaning and check-up.   Dr. Bronner's works fine, as do many plain, non-detergent bar soaps.  You can buy special shreds of tooth soap on-line.  I did this at first to check it out,...
I'm not skreader, but washing down pillows in hot water absolutely does not destroy them.  It cleans them nicely, and they come out great.
Have you moved?  If so you may have harder water than at your old house.  This can make any laundry cleaner less effective.  At our new house I have to add citric acid powder or white vinegar to every load, and in every rinse to help counter this.
My husband sleeps on down pillows.  I wash them in hot water and detergent in the washing machine, then dry the heck out of them on the hot setting in the dryer. (They take a very long time to dry.)  This works well for me.
Most likely you are reacting to the baking soda. Lots of people use and like it, but for some of us it causes 'pits of fire'! For many months now I have been using my own homemade concoction with great results. I melt down some coconut oil, then whip in an equal or larger amount of generic Milk of Magnesia. It firms up a little into a nice white cream. I just apply a blob under each arm, rub it in slightly, and I'm good to go for the day. I tried a lot of other...
It's the baking soda. For those of us with sensitive skin, this stuff regularly causes 'pits of fire'. I have been using generic Milk of Magnesia whipped into some melted coconut oil as deodorant. It works very well, and does not irritate my underarms at all. You can just smear the Milk of Magnesia on, and that works too, but I felt it was drying out the skin, so I added coconut oil and whipped it into a cream.
Quote: Originally Posted by ladygish Good to know! I've only used my homemade mix a handful of times because it's been so cold I haven't really needed to use it. So far no problems, but maybe it's how I apply it? I just use a makeup brush to put a light dusting on. How did you apply the baking soda mix? Obviously funk butter was in "goop" but what about the other stuff? Just curious to know if I should be expecting major discomfort in a few months....