or Connect

Posts by His Own

For the last few months I have used nothing but plain old generic Milk of Magnesia as underarm deodorant. It works perfectly, is dirt cheap, and it is a healthy substance, with no chance of containing aluminum or alum, as all the crystal bars, sprays and roll-ons do. I can't use anything containing baking soda, as I react with pits of fire. We returned from camping yesterday. Through all the hiking, etc., I had absolutely NO smell of any kind! :
I think they are great! As to the strange feel on your hands; that is WHY they work so well. They are extremely grabby, and will scrub stuff off surfaces more quickly and easily than any other cloths. Quote: Originally Posted by ChetMC Ours come out of the washer with stuff still stuck in them. Saw dust, cedar needles, and certain types of crumbs seem to embed themselves in the cloths. After use, you need to rinse them very well,...
Any leftover soaps or shampoos are great for washing your shower walls and the tub. These are both made to remove human oils and dirt - just like what you'll find dirtying the shower and tub. The conditioners work well for shaving cream - much better than actual shaving cream.
If you can get someone to show you how to use your machine, sewing really is a terrific way to make dresses just the way you want. Joanne's sewing and craft stores often have many patterns on sale for $1 or $2. It's really fun to choose your own fabric and make it up into a dress! Buy some lovely 100% cotton print (get some on sale for about $1 or $2 per yard), choose a really simple pattern, and have at it. There are lots of good sewing sites on line. ...
I don't know if it is thin enough to spray, but I have been using cheap old generic Milk of Magnesia as deodorant, and it is working perfectly! I just upend the bottle onto my fingertips, then smooth the milky liquid on my underarms. It dries more quickly than other liquids, has no fragrance, and is magnesium, a mineral that we all need, and that many folks are deficient in. I love that it is utterly harmless, unlike even the deodorant stone liquids, and that it works...
Here are a couple more natural, easy bug sprays: 1. Mix one part cheap Mexican clear vanilla in one part water. Apparently bugs just don't like this smell. 2. Heat a quart of water almost to boiling. Slice a large lemon into very thin slices. Add the lemon slices plus one tablespoon of dried rosemary into the hot water. Cover with saran wrap, and leave it to cool overnight. Strain out the solids, and put the yellow liquid into a spray bottle. Bugs don't like...
Many cheap conditioners work great for hair cleansing. People call it "conditioner only" washing, or CO for short. Among the regular conditioners that work great, I like them in this order: VO5, then White Rain, then Suave. If you want to avoid fragrance (like me) Cure Care Conditioner from Sally Beauty works great. It's probably my favorite. I have not used WEN, but many who have say the cheap conditioners work just as well, and are, of course CHEAP! If you want...
For several weeks now I have been using plain old (generic) Milk of Magnesia as deodorant, and I am delighted to report that it is working perfectly. We've had weather in the 90's, and I have had normal stress, but no odor whatsoever! To use, you just shake it up, upend the bottle against your palm, then tip the bottle back to upright. Just that bit that stays on your palm is enough for the underarm on the other side. Then do the other underarm the same way. It's...
Have you tried Sarna? It's a lotion you can get at Wal-Mart. It may be on the shelf in first aid, or you may need to ask for it, as some stores keep it behind the counter. It's not a natural product, but it does help with itching quite a lot. Here's what's in it: Camphor, menthol, carbomer 940, cetyl alcohol, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, glyceryl stearate, isopropyl myristate, PEG-8 stearate, PEG-100 stearate, petrolatum, sodium hydroxide, stearic acid, water. Good...
I think white cabinets look great, with white appliances, and even with white walls. It's a lovely, bright, cheerful look, and the white makes things seem cool and restful. Good luck with your new house!