or Connect

Posts by His Own

If you are going for regular cast iron, I advise Lodge, especially the pre-seasoned, but the un-seasoned is fine too. The pre-seasoned is only slightly more in cost, so I think that is generally best. For enameled cast iron, Le Creuset is terrific, and I highly recommend it. If it is just to pricey, try a Lodge enameled (good reviews) or just get a regular Lodge cast iron. Search on the internet for prices. Also watch Tuesday Morning (if you have them near you.) ...
What about those reed diffusers that you see in so many stores? Are they good? Safe? Do they last?
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleu I have an all silicone mitt and a silicone pad with fabric attached to make it a faux mitt, or you can just use it as a pad. I greatly prefer the latter because the all silicone mitt is very bulky and awkward. But Nomex - !!!!!!!!! That sounds fabulous! I'm sure it's too much money, but whee, like racecar drivers have! I love it and I might have to get one for my dh. The Nomex gloves I have seen cost...
You can buy nice cotton blankets at most stores. They are certainly natural, and very comfortable to use. We think of cotton as not being warm, but the ones I have are plenty warm. Good luck at finding blankets that you are happy with!
I didn't ask. There were several of us talking. One friend mentioned how much they dislike Wal-Mart, and how they won't shop there due to union issues, or something like that, and another countered that they consider Target even worse because of something they fund which her family considers bad in some moral/political way, so they won't shop there, but do shop at Wal-Mart. I tuned them both out. I don't intend offense to either corporation. As I said, I shop both...
I like plain old white. It is always bright and clean looking, it never clashes with anything, and the rooms seem larger than they are.
We have wooden venetian blinds all through the house. I find them easy to clean. Most times I can just dust them quickly with a feather or lamb duster, and they look great. Once in a great while I hand-wipe them down with a mild cleaner and a microfiber cloth, and that's it. They aren't much work if they have a good hard, smooth surface. I would not want plastic or any sort of fabric. Those collect way too much dust. I love them because it is really easy to...
I tend to be pretty a-political, so I see Wal-Mart as a great store. The prices are good, the selection is good, and I just like shopping there. Target is good, but Wal-Mart is usually cheaper, and the two stores carry a lot of different goods, so I shop both. I don't know of any large corporation with which one could not find fault. I have friends who simply won't shop Target because of political causes that Target supports. I'm unconvinced that any one store is...
Do you live near new construction? We did when we first moved in here, and the dust was literally impossible to control. It was better when it rained or snowed, but that was not often enough to really help. It only finally went away when all the houses near ours were finished. That might not be your issue, but if it is, just hang in there, and realize that you are gonna have the dust. Don't let it worry you. :
They season it just like you would at home, in an oven with oil or grease, but in a better, I think hotter, oven than you or I have access to. The preseasoned product is very good, but it's still a new pan. You have to use oil or grease to keep it seasoned, just like you would if you seasoned it yourself. You can always buy the unseasoned and season it yourself. I have both types. I like the preseasoned a lot better.