or Connect

Posts by BlueBella

Some things that helped me were: 1) Warming up A LOT. Sometimes this means walking at least 10 mins. before starting to run. Sometimes it means running very very slowly for the first 10-15 mins. If I start out too fast the shin splints set in and don't go away until I slow down again. 2) I saw an ART practictioner who helped a bit with the sore spot at the top of the ankle (like you, I always felt like my laces were too tight, but I think it was really just a bit of...
Well, first I think you need to try and talk to him - the first few weeks with a newborn are an incredibly stressful, intense and emotional time. This affects dads as well as moms. I know my partner certainly did not foresee that establishing nursing would be far more difficult than pregnancy or childbirth or sleepless nights. I was ragged and felt like a failure and frequently took my frustration out on him; luckily he overlooked that and supported me. Your partner...
This made me sad: I recently interviewed a daycare provider who noted that I was still (!) breastfeeding my 8mo. She told me she wanted to bf her two children too, but couldn't b/c her milk was bad. When I asked what she meant, she said, her milk was sour, and made her (oldest - 8yo) son throw up, and the drs & nurses had told her that she'd be unable to bf any children b/c of her bad milk. So, of course, she didn't even attempt to bf her second child. I said that I had...
I agree with the pps - unless you strongly wish to stop nursing, there is no reason to wean completely. You could offer other foods if you want to leave them with your dh or someone else for a while. Also, you could offer formula, (or possibly goats milk?) if they don't like cow's milk. I would think that weaning cold turkey would be unpleasant for both you and the twins. (You would be very uncomfortable and risk a breast infection.) And as far as the spicy foods go, have...
My dentist prescribed Tylenol 3 (with codeine) after consulting our local women's hospital, along with the antibiotics. Just make sure they are aware that you're nursing.
So sorry you're having such a tough time. Try not to feel bad about the formula - that situation is exactly what it was invented for. I hope your pump is working now!
I second (third?) San Francisco. I also love Seattle, and it has some really unique little neighbourhoods, like Fremont, and lots of beautiful scenery.
I was lucky b/c my mw for my second baby was an IBCLC (well, I chose her for that reason), but she really went above and beyond to help me through my many difficulties. Prior to that I had some good LCs and some pretty mediocre ones, including one MD (who used to be an IBCLC) who runs our local BF clinic - I think her salary must be paid by nestle, b/c she pushes so much formula. I actually wanted to check the sign on the door to be sure I was at the Breastfeeding clinic....
Quote: Originally Posted by paquerette But did they not have the baby with them? I went to the Emmys two years ago with my dp when my ds was 1yo, and I left him with some close friends. I personally wouldn't take an infant (or any child) to an event like this. First, it's really long - the Emmys are over 6 hours when you take into account the meal and everything. And second, it's broadcast live - there's a big pressure to be quiet at...
Both very funny - tee hee