or Connect

Posts by talay

I am here, though just been lurking for eons on mdc. I'm due 7/25, aiming for my 2nd VBAC after my first pregnancy was done for breech presentation. First VBAC was at 39 weeks on the nose, and my m/w has said they really thought I'd go around the same time again, especially since I've been having prodromal labor on and off x 2 weeks. (Ctx every few mins for several hours several times weekly, but they always peter out.) Based on the frequent ctx I got done at work last...
The good news is that this is some mainstream press "normalizing" intact babies, the bad news is that NPR- of all news orgs- has posted a ridiculously one-sided, lopsided article. Grrr . . . listen (or read) the report here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=129362160 Please do leave a comment for NPR- their reporting here is a farce with how they don't even pretend to present both sides.
To me it sounds like a case of using BS too often. Admittedly my hair is longish and thick and wavy and thus on the dry side, but even still I only use BS about once every 10 days. I started doing it once a week and found that to be plenty, and over time (it's been 4+ months) I've found that I can do it even less often, due to the whole effect of my scalp's sebum rebooting or whatever. I don't even measure the BS- I just pour out a small amount in my hand (maybe one...
Nope, not at all. In fact, I think I still feel a little melancholy about my multiples' first year or two. There ARE some things that I wish I would have known to do differently (for example, I would have had two Ergos, and I would have hired more help). I had a singleton after my first two and it was an awesome and even dare I say healing experience. Ultimately I know I need to reconcile my feelings with the reality (yes, I did have twins) with what I wanted, and...
In our area (MW Boston, inside 128) the going rate is $15/hr BARE minimum. We've had our nanny for 5 years and pay her $18.50 an hour. That's for two preschoolers (she has them p/t) and one three year old. Yep, that works out to $740 weekly.
IMO, it's worth it, we've been members for the last three years I think. We're in Newton, so almost an hour away, also. It's never been overly crowded like the MoS or the Aquarium, and I like how it's quite seasonal, how they truly represent "old" New England as it would have been through all 4 seasons. I just wish we were closer- we go about 4 times yearly and would probably double that if were within a half hour.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2E&O Can you explain what you mean a little more? Did you feel pain in your incision during contractions? If so, I can't say this was true for me, but my SIL swears she kept thinking she was rupturing when she wasn't- so I wonder if she felt pain in her incision. It wasn't that painful (certainly not in comparison to the actual contractions), but it was a distinct pinching sensation on what would be the corner...
17 months ago today I had a successful VBAC (hospital birth) after a primary c/s secondary to a breech presentation. While it was successful, I did have an epidural very early on as I wasn't dilating at all despite hours of active labor. My m/w felt that I was too uncomfortable and that the epidural was the best route. Anyway, one of the things that really freaked me out was that I swear I could feel my incision during ctx, and this really upped the ante in my...
I didn't measure ahead, though I did show a good month sooner with my singleton versus my twins.
Ah, thanks!