or Connect

Posts by matyja

We welcomed our ds a week ago today and like your dd, his sleep schedule is all over the map.  Currenlty his most awake and fussy period seems to be between midnight and 3 a.m..  He feeds, burps, cries, settles, fusses and does this cycle over and over for three hours.  Finally we are exhausted and he falls asleep for a good stretch.  How to get him to recognize the difference between night and day sleep?  In my opinion I think it's too early to start adjusting him. ...
Do you feel the mid 40's pregnancy is more difficult than when you were in your 20's or 30's?  And how do you feel about being a senior citizen with a 20 yr old child?  And the fact that you may not live long enough to see the younger children grow up and have their own babies, etc.  These are some of the thing I think about...  and wonder if those thoughts cross other mama's minds as well.  
I totally agree with you saying "if it was up to you, you would keep having babies until the egg farm shuts down".  My question is.... if it's not up to you (and dh I assume) then who is it up to?   I'm of the mindset that if it's supposed to happen, it will.  Just welcomed ds last week (I'm 42 now) and already want another one!!!  (he makes baby #5).  Is that crazy???   
Hi to all the mamas who are having yet un-named babies!  We fall into that category as well.  With ds, it was easy as there was dh's side of the family to name him after (grandfather).  With dd, we had no clue if she was going to be a boy or girl, so didn't even look at names until she was born.  Even then, didn't do much looking.  I kept hearing the tunes of two theme songs that are kid-related, and then names of two different "characters" from these tunes.  Over and...
Hi to all the Mamas out there who are over 40 and pregnant!  I think we need to start this tribe because there are more and more of us who are embarking on the journey of motherhood, or have been down the road before, but are older than the 20+ something moms.    Would love to hear from you!
Hello Mamas,    It's been a while since I've posted in this tribe... since I've introduced myself a while back.  Currently have 5-6 weeks left in this pregnancy and it's been going well.  From what I've been reading of many of you who have joined this tribe, I MAY just be one of the older mamas here (42).  But that's okay.  With age comes wisdom and this being my 5th baby (6th pregnancy), I'd like to think I'm wiser than I was when I started out having kids.  Then...
I used to like peanut butter but lately can't stand the stuff.  At 25 weeks... feeling nauseous if I eat peanut butter.  Weird.  Used to crave eggs like crazy to but now can't stand those either.  Cream cheese still does it for me.  Yogurt is good too.  I don't drink milk so I think the cream cheese and yogurt are giving me the calcium that I need.    Sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night I'm SO hungry, so I'll have a small bowl of multigrain cheerios...
Is it possible we have entered the "no more cravings" phase of the pregnancy????     Please say it isn't so!   
Congratulations Erin on the upcoming arrival of your son!   I know what it's like to be anxious with having many of one gender and then surprise - it's a whole new ball game!  I have three boys and then "got the girl" as everyone says.  It's very different in terms of boys vs. girls, but in the end, they are all little people ...and remember you are in charge - or so they'd like you to think!  haha.    
Hi all you mamas!  I've been posting on some of the other boards since the beginning of this pregnancy and thought I'd like to join this group!  I'm about 24+ weeks and things are going fine.  This will be baby #5 (pregnancy #6) and due end of July.  I'll be 42 when this little lovebug arrives.  DH will be (I think?) 49 in the fall.  So we're no spring chickens for sure!  So many people we've told about this addition ask us "was it planned?".  Why are people rude like...