or Connect

Posts by ShadowMoon

Organicville Vegan Ranch:   I like this one as well. It is quite thin, but it won over my Ranch-loving partner :)   I've really wanted to try this one because I've heard great things about it, but they don't carry it around here yet:  http://www.followyourheart.com/products/vegan-ranch/
I've been vegan for 13 years and am 5'4" in height and fluctuate between 100-105lbs in weight. I eat very high calorie and high (good) fat foods but have never been one to gain much weight. The heaviest I've ever been was while pregnant and that was 132lbs. I've never heard of having to maintain a certain level of fat in order to get and remain pregnant, it makes sense but it was never mentioned to me. I've been pregnant while vegan twice and breastfed my son to age 2 or...
Daiya brand cheeses are the best I've had.    http://www.daiyafoods.com/   It melts easily and tastes great when cooked. I believe they're working on some more varieties and styles as well. 
Sure! As long as it was natural and could be washed out. 
I work as a zookeeper and my dreads haven't been in an issue. I just came to work with them one day and no one said anything :)   I keep my hair pulled back, wrapped up or under a hat most of the time. My hair picks up some smells, depending on where and which animals I'm working with that day but it doesn't stick to them for long. I wash my dreads twice a week and keep a spritzer with essential oils handy in case I notice any stray work odors. So far, so good!
I use Blue Diamond, Whole Foods and Silk.   Silk and WF has a thicker consistency than BD. I would taste test a few and see which one you like best. None of them have too many added ingredients. I think Blue Diamond may have the least....
I'm in Providence, RI. We're a mixed bag here. I know several vegans with children, as well as hard-core activist types.
We don't do anything special for Valentine's Day. I'm really not a fan of the holiday and neither is my SO.
During the summer I'll shower almost every day because I have a physical job that gets me dirty.   In the winter it can vary from every other day to every 2-3 days.   I only wash my hair 1-2x per week.
I pumped until 14 months. I wasn't able to get much milk out by using the pump at that point. DS would nurse before and after work and drink water or soymilk while I was at work.