or Connect

Posts by erthe_mama

Nice! Maybe I'll set up a little pen for her. Heehee. We have a LOT of roosters here, so I can't just let her loose in one of the chicken pens.
Good suggestion, but I'd definitely make sure the call was anonymous. Never voluntarily contact CPS and give them your name unless they've requested contact. Seriously. It's just asking for trouble.
Thanks, folks! She's a really busy baby, so I'm not sure I could keep her occupied in just one area without tying her up Mongolian style or penning her or something. LOL Maybe I'll just have to stick to getting things done during nap time...
Hey folks,  I'm going to be interning at a farm with my two littles (16m and 9yrs) this summer in preparation for moving out to our off-grid land next summer. I wear my 16-month-old a lot of the time, but she's getting to the age where she isn't as groovy with being wrapped on my back as she used to be. So, my question to you m/others is, what do you do with a very active, spirited toddler while you're workin' the land, and tending the animals? Thanks!!
Ah, yes, I'm sure the U.S. government is perfectly harmless. ROFL And you think I'm the nutter...
Ummm... PKU tests are stored by the government for DNA samples...    
Oh, I forgot to mention that Sawatzky attends births at St. B., and fwiw, there were labour tubs there the last time I checked. ;) 
  When I was a doula, I wrote down Dr. Reynold's and Dr. Sawatzky's names for good, natural-birth-friendly doctors. I remember, actually, that Sawatsky was going to let me teach her how to catch a baby in a standing up birthing position, but mama decided to squat over the bed instead. ;) Other folks I know who've generally favoured midwives but for some reason or another ended up having to have a hospital birth and choosing Dr. Gerard McCarthy, and being very happy with...
Me too! And there totally would be if traditional midwifery was decriminalised. ;)  As it is, there are only three more funded spots for certified midwives in the province anyway.  
Hopefully this isn't taken as rudeness, but why do you *have* to have an internal? "Assessing the progression of the ‘first stage of labour’ also relies on knowing what the cervix is doing. Some hospitals no longer have a policy of routine vaginal examinations in labour, perhaps reflecting concerns about the practice [17]. Even when vaginal examination remains an element of routine management, the timing of assessments is usually four-hourly. A vaginal examination only...