or Connect

Posts by erthe_mama

Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie anyway, does anyone else know more about sensory issues or shyness? Well, my son has some of the same issues, but not with the same intensity. I *really* want to homeschool him... I've been thinking of quitting college to do it, and getting a night job. However, I don't think I'd do very well with that little sleep.... ugh His teacher says he always "acts up," but when she describes the situation to...
What on earth is fermented food, and how is it different than pickling or other means of preservation (aside from chemicals). I'm very curious... I can't find a thread, but if someone would either let me know, or link me to another thread or info source, I'd greatly appreciate it. ;-) Thanks, mamas.
LOL... sorry, I've been preoccupied with Facebook. ;-) Did you know even Facebook has a group for Indigo Children? Just found it yesterday...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinah I used to use baking soda but my dentist told me to stop and not to use the toothpaste with baking soda in it either because it is too harsh and strips the enamel. I'll bet you your dentist has a contract with a toothpaste company. ;-) P.S. I use baking soda for almost EVERYTHING.. ok.. well, not everything, but as deodourant (applied right after my rock crystal), toothpaste, cleaner, and deodouriser for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Attached Mamma The things she prescribed for him were 1-bifidus culture (1 tsp. a day) 2-DGL (an extract of licorce root) comes in capsules, 1/2 a capsule a day, to heal the stomach & 3-a liquid calcium magnesium (1 tsp. a day). You're right! Licorice root would help in aiding the stomach in its healing process. It's terrific for boosting the immune system. I drink licorice root tea during every season change, and...
Hi there! I'm one of those people who will recommend a chiropractor. My chiropractor practices in non-invasive methods. His main focus is on energy. He says that acid reflux is actually caused by a "pinched nerve" in the spine causing weakening in the little flap that closes the stomach. When that flap is open, it lets acid escape thus causing acid reflux. Recent research shows that acid reflus is not caused by excess acid, but too little acid. (Something to think about.)...
I'll have to definitely agree with the "choices" thing. When kids are able to, it's great to have them create their own solutions to problems as well, and then you help them brainstorm it. I've personally found that the book "How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk" is absolutely fantastic for ideas for any parent to help their kid listen to them and get them to talk and deal with their issues. I also like "Raising your Spirited Child". It's helped me...
Wow... me too!! Good to identify with some other moms on this point. I think that when we create a child in our bodies, some of our abilities (and even thoughts/memories) are syphoned to him/her. Perhaps that's why this would happen? I was a lot more "empathic" and creative before I had my son. Just thoughts. Btw, I just found out about Indigo/Crystal children because of you fine womyn. Thank you for sharing your wisdom -- my world makes more sense now.
Slightly OT: There was a study done about infants who were massaged before & after their heel prick to reduce pain response. If you are given the opportunity (hopefully!!) to hold your baby during the heel prick, then you can massage her/his leg. (If you like, you can get advice from an RMT on what the best method is. It's important to get the heel prick done to test for a whole bunch of stuff (especially the metabolic disorders that could be fatal before...
Thanks again everyone. Some useful info obtained... Now I'm going vaccine free.