or Connect

Posts by Free Thinker

We didn't use bottles either. I found after a few months old, I preferred to nurse them seprately b/c they would bother each other. We went in spurts tandem nursing or nurseing alone, but I can absolutely see you nursing them, then leaving to go do the choir thing, coming home and nursing them without needing to pump. And at church I can see nursing one while the other sleeps in the carrier, although I think you need to have a reality check. 4 older kids + twins all by...
I would consider a few new clothes and a dresser a 'need' instead of a want. If the dresser is falling apart, you need a place to put the clothes. There are several options, you could try to find a used one, or you could buy a well priced one from Target or Ikea, or you could get some of thost plastic things w/ drawers in them from Target/Wal-mart/Ikea instead of a dresser. As for the work clothes, I think you need to add this category to your budget. If you are a...
I have girls who are 5 and 7 (today!). It just is what it is. I'd say they will argue like this from now on, you just have to decide how you are going to handle it. I say whatever mom says goes, I don't care who I told to do what (I am talking chores like putting dishes away, folding towels, ect.). I do try to keep things pretty fair but I decided early on that I will NOT be measuring out how many chips, how many oz of juice, how many grapes, ect. that each kid eats. ...
THe very first thing I would do is call around and get the home loan taken care of. Right now int. rates are low, but banks are much pickier on who gets loans. IMO this is your most important thing on your list. When the home loan is secure and all fees paid or budgeted for, then pay off the other things. THe high int. CCs should probably be paid off first, followed by the one that has to be paid by August. If it were ME, I'd pay off at least one other CC, and then...
My first thought is your muscles/skin are stretching. Mine burned and itched SO bad and my stretch marks go all the way to my ribcage.
Hi, my DD is 7, and at the top of her 1st grade class. I am wanting to enrich her learning this summer, and am considering getting Sonlight Core 1+2, not anything else, just the core books, and having her read those for the summer. Is this a good idea? She also likes worksheets, ect. We are an atheist family, but I like the idea behind Sonlight, reading whole books and learning history and science thru them. Any insight is appreciated! I'm not wanting anything rigid,...
I had an epidural, and a manual version for twin B (he was breech, turned sideways and stuck and arm out, OB stuck it back in and turned him). I'm glad I had the epidural. If twinB had come breech, my OB was okay w/ that, but when he turned, I was SOOOOO glad I did the epidural. I really do not think I could have done it otherwise, I probably would have had a c-sec for twin B. As it was, it wasn't painful, but it certainly wasn't comfortable, I try to block it out, it...
Congratulations!!!
You are not alone! Mine are in the Terrible Twos, too. THey fight. A LOT! One or both of them have bite marks pretty much for the last 6 months or so. I have no idea how to stop it, nothing works. THey fight, hit each other w/ toys, do things to make their sisters scream (I have 4 kids, boys are 2, girls are 5 and 7), refuse to stay in their seats at the table, throw food, destroy whatever they can. In other words, I have my hands full taking care of them. Some...
Lie down on your back and palpate starting at your pubic bone. The uterus is firm and round. At 7-8 weeks with twins my uterus was palapable, and about the size of a large orange or grapefruit. With a single baby I doubt you could feel anything at this stage. Good Luck!