or Connect

Posts by Zadee

I'm looking for pumping moms available on weekdays for a photography series on the subject.  You can see the first one in the series here (http://www.stacieturnerphotography.com/portfolio/working-mother/).  If you are interested in participating please let me know (email at stacieturnerphotography dot com).      If you are close enough to the Hartford area I'll travel to you and send you a proof of the final print.  I do need all my models to sign a model release....
Marketing is so different based on your location, what you offer, what you charge. At the low end, Craig's List can get clients. Other common tactics include partnering with local boutiques, doing displays in OB/GYN offices and donating to charity auctions. You can get practice models via your due date club or local mom's group. I'd caution to do the math before you set prices to make sure that once you pay your taxes (and you can roughly estimate 40% for income...
Becky That sucks. At least you skipped the migraines, right?
must. not. pee. on. a. stick. until. friday....
Yeah, I'd forgotten how nutty this makes me. I'm not officially TTC (and DH has MFI) but we had sex on a crazy EWCM day and it's been so long since I charted I was counting that as the ovulation day when, really, it's a couple days after that, and I POASed yesterday thinking I was 11dpo and got a BFN when, errr, it was actually more like 9pdo at best guess. There is another test in the closet. I'm waiting for Friday FMU which would be 12dpo. I think. I just FEEL so...
Thanks sbphotogr This thread is so slow. I haven't gotten a notification in ages and wondered what was going on.
To get the sleeping shots like this one OK, to get a sleeping baby shot you have to get them TOTALLY ASLEEP. Nurse them until they are FULL. Make sure the room is hot. You should be sweating. Have a beanbag set up with blankets over it - that shot has a black throw over the beanbag - and make sure the blankets are warmed. Heat them with a heating pad or hot rice sack, just be sure to take the heating pad out before you set the baby down. Have white noise going -...
If you have a DSLR (or an film SLR) learn how to use it in manual. It's best to practice with, say, a piece of fruit or a doll that won't get tired of you. Step 1: Take it off auto and learn to read the in-camera meter. Otherwise, it's just a very expensive P&S. For white skin you want to expose about 1/3 to 2/3 of a stop over. Which means, when you look in the view finder you'll see a grid thus: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | The one in the middle is "correct"...
If you are due before April and would be interested in a free 'Fresh Faces' newborn shoot in Connecticut let me know. I'm using the winter down time to freshen up my web site. details
I am seeking newborn babies as Fresh Faces for my photography portfolio. Modeling job does not pay but you get a free mini portrait session and 1 8X10 print of your choice from the session. Baby MUST be under 10 days at the time of the session. Parent must sign a model release. Fresh Faces shoot must be scheduled on a weekday morning and will run from 9AM - 11AM; I require the entire 2 hours as babies often want to fuss and nurse rather than sleep upon being brought to a...